Coronavirus Impact

Ahh yes, please feel free to take this tongue in cheek apology for anyone triggered by a username. Things now basically banned: free speech, plastic straws and bags and the ability for this team to hit the 3ball with any regularity.
Time to go back to the BannedWagon. Woof.

This is insane. One person appropriately responded to that tweet with: "They know what happens during a basketball game right?"

Is sweating allowed? Maybe we can have a tournament where not one foul gets called due to no contact with others.

I was going to ask if anyone thought the NCAA had considered moving the Spokane, WA first round site given the outbreak in Seattle and then realized Spokane is 4 hours away from Seattle.

So far there are active cases in Tampa and Sacramento other cities hosting the first round. Again so far those seem to be contained cases but with a 14 day incubation period who knows how many active cases there could be in 10-14 days when selection happens and the tourney starts.

It doesn't seem likely that the NCAA is going to play these games infront of empty arenas given I'm still receiving emails from them and their partners trying to get me to buy tickets since I have in the past.

SXSW just got cancelled. I'm legitimately fearful that everyone else now is going to follow suit. All it takes is one big name and everyone else will fall in line. I'm willing to bet the NCAA tournament is played in front of empty arenas....

Oh my god. What is wrong with me? I went to twitter to see if that was true before I realized the joke. I’ll make my way back to the bannedwagon now.
Don't beat yourself up. Your sarcasm detector is just fine. It's just that the quality of the sarcasm here is a big step up when what we're used to. We'll all get there.

btw, I just noticed my banner ad here is for an earwax removal system for "seniors". Should I be worried?

Don't beat yourself up. Your sarcasm detector is just fine. It's just that the quality of the sarcasm here is a big step up when what we're used to. We'll all get there.

btw, I just noticed my banner ad here is for an earwax removal system for "seniors". Should I be worried?
Download an ad blocker, res. I don’t get a single ad here on mobile or desktop.

Tournament should take place in Kosko, Massap.....................

BTW...both Oprah Winfrey and James Meredith (Civil Rights) are Kosko natives. Unfortunately Cadillac wasn't a beneficiary of this gene pool. Not even close.

Pissah!

Aloha!

If you're well educated you've probably heard of Schopenhauer. His name is still relevant, in part, because of his insight that all truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. I am not sure whether our understanding of the dangers of the coronavirus fits better into stage 2 or stage 3 at this point, but it sure as hell has made a quick progression since I started this thread on February 27. Since then, we've reached the point where the NBA season is suspended, the A10 will be played without spectators (if at all), large parts of the population have retreated into reclusive mode, and financial markets are pushing the panic button.
Here's hoping the Bonnies win this year's very strange A-10 tourney, but I wouldn't be surprised if the remaining games are canceled in the interest of player safety and public health.

If you're well educated you've probably heard of Schopenhauer. His name is still relevant, in part, because of his insight that all truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. I am not sure whether our understanding of the dangers of the coronavirus fits better into stage 2 or stage 3 at this point, but it sure as hell has made a quick progression since I started this thread on February 27. Since then, we've reached the point where the NBA season is suspended, the A10 will be played without spectators (if at all), large parts of the population have retreated into reclusive mode, and financial markets are pushing the panic button.
Here's hoping the Bonnies win this year's very strange A-10 tourney, but I wouldn't be surprised if the remaining games are canceled in the interest of player safety and public health.
Sure sounds like it has transitioned into stage 3. Our President finally acknowledged it is an issue that wont go away quickly so the sheep who follow him might come around now. Seriously though, nothing would surprise me at this point with sporting events until this is under control.

Until now, I guess most US sports fans haven't thought much about it, but a pandemic seems to be heading for our shores. We already have many diagnosed cases of coronavirus and it will grow exponentially if it follows the pattern of other countries. It's been a month since China cancelled major sporting events, so we should consider the possibility that severe measures of that type will soon be imposed in the USA. We are a couple weeks away from the A10 tourney and three weeks to the NCAA.
Life saving measures are foremost, so I'm not arguing against whatever needs to be done. It would certainly put us in "wait until next year" mode.

Unfortunately, this aged way too well. Such tough news, but it was what had to be done. Praying for everyone's safety.

Back