Coronavirus Impact

Citizen X

Until now, I guess most US sports fans haven't thought much about it, but a pandemic seems to be heading for our shores. We already have many diagnosed cases of coronavirus and it will grow exponentially if it follows the pattern of other countries. It's been a month since China cancelled major sporting events, so we should consider the possibility that severe measures of that type will soon be imposed in the USA. We are a couple weeks away from the A10 tourney and three weeks to the NCAA.
Life saving measures are foremost, so I'm not arguing against whatever needs to be done. It would certainly put us in "wait until next year" mode.

Lemme tell ya sumtin man dis one teyem man I got it am to I got the cordova iris dude it hapend man is to happing at the mescalin restheront Dong Lozenges in to Al He Gueye Nii new yourck bub got it got tha virish coronda dey gimme the curona i drink it an dey gimme the lime over and to over so i gess is to so u don get scurvy pal but ya bud thay kep bringin um to me pal n no way bud do we say no we don quit ware am to from so I kawt it I kawt the cordoba argentina iris patricio the prato the cordobav iris sixty fore or to the atey six corongas saym numbah lime two bub go bonda undefeet the resta da whey

Last edited:
Lemme tell ya sumtin man dis one teyem man I got it am to I got the cordova iris dude it hapend man is to happing at the mescalin restheront Dong Lozenges in to Al He Gueye Nii new yourck bub got it got tha virish coronda dey gimme the curona i drink it an dey gimme the lime over and to over so i gess is to so u don get scurvy pal but ya bud thay kep bringin um to me pal n no way bud do we say no we don quit ware am to from so I kawt it I kawt the cordoba argentina iris patricio the prato the cordobav iris sixty fore or to the atey six corongas saym numbah lime two bub go bonda undefeet the resta da whey

Great insight Lester! You're not the only one avoiding Corona for the time being. According to our dear leader, Donald Drumpf, it is just a "hoax." Basically our nation is run by a bunch of ba*dwagoners at this point. Difference being I would actually prefer Tom Gleason, drunk as he so perpetually is, to our current moron-in-chief.

This is a serious issue, and I could see the entire tourney (A10, NCAA) being cancelled. Definitely have to take a wait and see approach. Of course it's hard to get any information when we have the least transparent government in our nation's history, so I think we'll have the added burden of having to deal with Trump/Pence duplicity because the stock market is the only thing that matters to them.

Wow Citizen X what insight you're right - it IS a disease. Which means you want a government that is honest and transparent to keep folks informed and safe. It should be abudantly clear to anyone who has been tuned into reality for the last three years that the current administration is dishonest and incapable of doing any of those things.

Thanks for linking a daily mail article. It's ironic that you linked a "newpaper" that has a history of supporting fascism.

Here's to hoping March Madness isn't interrupted.

First off, I enjoy politics like I enjoy voluntarily detaching a fucking retina. I don't give a flying F who's in charge but the world's response has not been in line with "this is no big deal." Zika was a big deal right? Or was it? I don't recall the international response that we're seeing right now. But who knows.

Would you rather they announced, "Folks, we got a problem. This thing is actually an airborne Wuhan experiment gone wrong. It's in the jetstream. Basically you're fucked." I'm not an expert in politico-social relations but I can't imagine that would be helpful.

You see how these fuckers operate? You cite an article that reports the incontrovertible fact that someone died and they try to paint you as a fascist by some imagined association. This is why we don't want these cocksuckers making everything a political issue. Where the fuck were they and what did they have to say in 2009 when the H1N1 virus affected 214 countries and killed 284,500? Shit, I don't recall hearing anything because back then we didn't do all politics all the time about every issue no matter what some politician did or said about it. I can think of a lot of reasons I'm interested in coronavirus, including the cancellation of travel and entertainment events, which is actually relevant here. What some room-temperature IQ partisan hack wants to make of who's responsible is a subject for twitter, not the Bona basketball forum.

Wow Citizen X what insight you're right - it IS a disease. Which means you want a government that is honest and transparent to keep folks informed and safe. It should be abudantly clear to anyone who has been tuned into reality for the last three years that the current administration is dishonest and incapable of doing any of those things.

Thanks for linking a daily mail article. It's ironic that you linked a "newpaper" that has a history of supporting fascism.

Here's to hoping March Madness isn't interrupted.

As those darn hotshot tweeters would say, found the lib.

Holy fuck this thread took a bigger shit than the Bonnies yesterday. Magat2020 and berniesanderscreamedonmyface22 please for the love of god shut the fuck up unless you’re going to talk basketball or at least make an attempt to add something useful or funny.

We’re all feeling a little pissy today but keep politics out of it here. Wanna talk politics, or for that matter bait people with political screen names? Be my guest:

Holy fuck this thread took a bigger shit than the Bonnies yesterday. Magat2020 and berniesanderscreamedonmyface22 please for the love of god shut the fuck up unless you’re going to talk basketball or at least make an attempt to add something useful or funny.

We’re all feeling a little pissy today but keep politics out of it here. Wanna talk politics, or for that matter bait people with political screen names? Be my guest:

Ahh yes, please feel free to take this tongue in cheek apology for anyone triggered by a username. Things now basically banned: free speech, plastic straws and bags and the ability for this team to hit the 3ball with any regularity.

Back