Central Connecticut (0-3) vs UMass (3-0)

adaisey

11/16/19
1:00 PM
ESPN+
ESPN Basketball Power Index: UMass 89.6% chance of winning

I'll be very upset if we don't win this one.

I'm seeing -17.5 for the Minutemen, which is a lot... I don't think UMass will struggle at all, and *knock on wood*, a 4-0 start to the season has to be better than anyone predicted, even Massachusetts fans.

Massachusetts continuing to impress. Didn't watch the game, but saw on Twitter something about Buggs going down. Anyone catch that / see if it looked bad? That would suck if he missed time.

Massachusetts continuing to impress. Didn't watch the game, but saw on Twitter something about Buggs going down. Anyone catch that / see if it looked bad? That would suck if he missed time.
Haven't seen anything about that, but it's definitely concerning if true. UMass is off to its best start in years and doesn't deserve a setback like this.

I don't see any news yet on it - it didn't look terrible...but at the same time it was a hard slam into the floor (on his legs) followed by collapsing and grabbing for his already bandaged knee.

Definitely would be bad to have him miss a long amount of time in there, since we already have Kolton out for a bit. East has been pretty dominant in the position though, but he needs to have some backups out there to give him some rest time and hop in during foul concerns and whatnot.

Oof...bad news. It sounds like it might be an ACL tear for Buggs. Really feel for the guy there.

Oof...bad news. It sounds like it might be an ACL tear for Buggs. Really feel for the guy there.

Oh geez... that's not good. You're right that Sean East has been a great surprise for the Minutemen, but losing Buggs with an ACL tear means one fewer player to come off the bench for a team that doesn't have a ton of depth. I'm guessing that will mean he's done for the season...

This team continues to impress me and is on the verge of a 5-0 start and a solid win over Rider. I think we all knew the freshmen were going to be good, but they've been beyond good through the 1st 5 contests. We're really going to see what this team is made of with the tougher part of the schedule approaching

Back