Brown & White TBT

Bonafanatic

Should be a lot of fun. Glad we're playing close to home. Hopefully will draw good attendance from our fans.

With Ndoye, this team should be a big improvement from last year's squad. Would be great if Jay Adams suits up -- that would probably make them immediate contenders.

I think these guys training and getting some practice in at the RC is awesome. Hopefully having the B&W in the TBT with "Trainig Camp" at the RC with as many Alumni around the current players can become an anual thing. I think that would bea a great new tradtion that would really be a benifit to the program.

I see some people on the other board question why someone should donate. If you don't want to donate fine. But why even question it other fans that want to contribute. To me having a TBT team can only help sell the program to future recurits. Is a kid going pick Bonas soley on a TBT team, no. But it can't hurt. Do we really want Suny Amherst to have a team and Bonas doesn't?

They assume that these guys are making millions overseas and should be able to just foot the bill, but that's not the case. There are tons of expenses that go into this that they don't realize. Plus, some fans actually enjoy donating to stuff like this to help out, and if they don't, that's more than fine too. Donations are also used to do things like make posters and t-shirts for other fans to get for free and autographed by players. The event in the RC is free to all, and people will leave with free stuff. I'm not sure how one could complain about that.

Almost every team uses crowdsourcing to help with funding. Here's Xavier's alumni team fundraiser, for example: https://www.gofundme.com/f/zip-em-up-tbt

As far as picking up some outside guys, that was again necessary due to things like injuries (Andell), Conger being in Matt Wright's wedding the same weekend, Griffin tending to a family health scare, and Charlon doing his own camp the same weekend. These guys wanted to play, but just couldn't this year. It will be great getting the guys we do have back in the RC to meet and play some against our current team, build those relationships, and have a general reunion on campus, which can hopefully become an annual thing.

Last edited:
Curious, is Mobley playing for someone else again this year?

Was wondering the same thing...Also curious as to guys like Matt Wright and Charlon Kloof aren't playing.
Unfurled a couple posts above says that Wright is getting married that weekend and Conger(s) is in the wedding so thats 2 guys taken away. Kloof has a camp set up for that weekend.

I saw in pictures Jay was in attendance last night. He is not part of the TBT team, is he? In any case, does this mean we finally got to see the what could have been Jay/Posley/Stockard/Wright lineup of 2016 together?

Does anyone have a link to watch last night's showcase/deets on how it looked?

Back