Bonnies vs. VCU- A10 Championship (Sun. 03/14/21 at 1:00 pm)

OK, I have booked my room at the Crowne Plaza in Dayton for the championship match. I have never been to a game at the Arena, so perhaps one of you experienced travelers can advise me on the parking situation there. The attendance is limited to 25% of capacity, so I assume ample space will be available. Is it close to the arena?
I am not yet sure whether I've got tix. The Bona ticket office told me they would know their allocation by Wednesday, but I can cancel the hotel reservation without penalty.

The Arena has abundant parking onsite which is normally reserved for season ticket holders. Under the circumstances, I would think it would be open to anyone. I'd call the ticket office and ask.

Let me know if anyone needs tickets. I got mine already, but I've had at least 5 Flyers fans offer me some because they don't want them going to VCU fans. They're only looking to get back what they paid for them, so no markup.

Heads up, 200s are now on sale. https://www.ticketmaster.com/event/16005A53C6B31FB6

I also now have two extra tickets in my possession in 312, row I if anyone is interested. $100.30 is what I paid after taxes and that's all I want back

EDIT: Tickets no longer on sale, going to the home of 2 lucky Bona students.

Last edited:
And this is the answer on parking: the parking areas next to the arena will be open and there is no fee to use.

Reactions: res
And now this: got my tix thru SBU but the links to the digital tickets were sent via text from UD to my iPhone. Click link in the text and it takes you to a bar code. I haven’t really kept up with this technology, so I am hoping I can just show that iPhone screen at the gate, they scan and I am in. Right?

Lotta chatter out there on the world wide web with VCU fans being unhappy with our guys. They don't like our celebrating, chatter with the refs (I could do without that, too, but that's neither here nor there), chatter on the court, quick hands, draping defense, gritty style, or fans. Call me crazy, but at-blind that sounds like VCU hates all of the things the VCU rep is built on.

The fact that the word on Bona's has elevated from 'pesky' and 'scrappy' and 'you know, those guys are pretty good this year' - any number of backhanded compliments- to a fanbase like VCU openly insulting and wishing failure on us is, to me, a great thing. I think it's a further step upward in the trajectory of our program's reputation when a stalwart like VCU is ramping up their feelings to pure hatred. You gotta be good to be worth disliking.

Love it and love this group.

Back