Bonnies vs. UMass (Rochester, NY- 01/15/20)

I'm kind of partial to this snazzy electric blue number..
attachment.aspx

Need to get out to a 4-0 start before the gauntlet that is @VCU and @Dayton coming up. But heck, get to those games unbeaten, and you're playing with house money. Fall to 4-2, so be it, it only gets easier after facing those 2 on the road. Steal one on the road, all the better. Just gotta take care of business against Massachusetts and can't afford to drop one at home against the Minutemen if the Bonnies want to compete for a top 4 spot in Brooklyn.

Need to get out to a 4-0 start before the gauntlet that is @VCU and @Dayton coming up. But heck, get to those games unbeaten, and you're playing with house money. Fall to 4-2, so be it, it only gets easier after facing those 2 on the road. Steal one on the road, all the better. Just gotta take care of business against Massachusetts and can't afford to drop one at home against the Minutemen if the Bonnies want to compete for a top 4 spot in Brooklyn.
Yeah, but what do you think Fake Jared Kushner will wear? Pastel oxford? Does UMass pay his tailor?

He'll be sorely disappointed when the doors to the RC are locked. Fake Home Game for FJK.
Pro tip: Those doors are never, ever locked.

Anyone actually watch UMass play this year? They are mostly unfamiliar to me. Mitchell's numbers are really impressive (15, 6, 45%) for a freshman and seems to be able to step outside and hit jumpers (15-55 3pt). Need Shoon's game to be managed properly because I don't like the sound of that type of guy against our alternate center.

Anyone actually watch UMass play this year? They are mostly unfamiliar to me. Mitchell's numbers are really impressive (15, 6, 45%) for a freshman and seems to be able to step outside and hit jumpers (15-55 3pt). Need Shoon's game to be managed properly because I don't like the sound of that type of guy against our alternate center.

I watched the end of that game with SLU and they impressed me. Mitchell is probably going to be how UMass could win this game. Like you said, he can stretch the floor and Osun could get into foul trouble that way. We are about the same offensively (156th most efficient, compared to 150th for UMass), but we are significantly better defensively (98th in efficiency, UMass is 205th).

We haven't really had a close end of a game since GW, so I could see that happening, even though I was worried we would cover against Fordham and that clearly happened. Also, I think Fake Kush will keep it subdued and wear some navy blue pants. Probably doesn't wanna get catcalls from all the GILFs in the ROC...

I've watched them a bit. They can be forgiven for getting blown away by Dayton which is a legitimate threat to go a long way this March. Minutemen have some good young talent and Pierre can do plenty of damage to us. The Bonnies are the better team, but we all know the risks involved in taking things for granted.

If you're talking fake J. Kush I gotta go with the flak jacket look ftw.

It could be put to real use if he wanted to go out for a white wine spritzer after a win at St. Joe's.

Attachments

• 1*GPNU5IBUkDVqN_7zIc1mog.jpeg
    1*GPNU5IBUkDVqN_7zIc1mog.jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 4
Umass is prone to stretches of dumb and wild play. Their guards are solid but not experienced enough to win a lot of games. We need to hit some transition shots after their stupid passes. Will Shoon try to run a fast break again like Ndoye? I hope so. Pierre is good, hope he doesn’t get hot from 3.

OT- VCU is older but not better. UD is very good with multiple players capable of dribbling, passing, and scoring.
Edit- FJK will definitely be wearing some sort of tight leather gloves on the way to the game. He needs to protect his clappers from the harsh Rochester winds.

I also love that picture. Every year opposing a10 fans regurgitate it after we beat them and complain about our “obnoxious fans” which is code for: “I wish we had fans.”

One of those guys is a great friend of mine. He's eternally proud of that pic. I'm in the class of 2014 and that's the only time we stormed the court at the RC. UMass was #21 in the AP and like it was said above, it was the first win for us over a ranked team post-scandal.

Bonnies open at -8.

Back