Bonnies vs. SLU - A10 semifinals (Sat. 3/6/21 6:00 pm)

I know this game will have a bearing on other things, but I hope the Bonnies will be able to demonstrate how good they are before a wide audience. The statistical evidence is quite compelling, yet we don't hear the talking heads say much about the brown & white. One thing in particular that I haven't heard (though it may have been said when I wasn't tuned in) is this: Lofton and Osun played on the prep team that won a national championship. Given the high performance level of the rest of the first team, that is a significant fact. The Bonnies didn't get where they are by happenstance.
This too: we're on a losing streak to these Billikens and we need to turn that around. There will be a long rest after this game, so go full speed.

I hope Sunday's game is for seeding purpose's only.

It's a stretch, but if things go well for the bubbles, it could be a stressful selection sunday for the bubble.

Pray Drake loses today, and that Xavier, St. John's, Colorado St., Syracuse, Boise and Ole Miss make quick exits in their tourneys.

I hope Sunday's game is for seeding purpose's only.

It's a stretch, but if things go well for the bubbles, it could be a stressful selection sunday for the bubble.

Pray Drake loses today, and that Xavier, St. John's, Colorado St., Syracuse, Boise and Ole Miss make quick exits in their tourneys.
Relax. We are solidly in, practically a 9 seed. Enjoy the next couple weeks

Rock-a-bye Travie in the treetop...

adaway-rock-baby.gif

Interestingly, Saturday was 52 weeks exactly from last year's debacle at St Louis. To see us flip the script on the aggressive start, and pummeling to follow, was one of the more satisfying moments I've had as a fan of this team.

I've been reflecting on our turnaround. The day after that game last year, with good reason, many of us were starting to have doubts about how 'bright' this future was or how fast it would really arrive. We'd just been boat raced by an upper tier team for the 4th time that season, and seemed lost when matched up with rosters comprised of physically imposing athletes. We'd even been rag dolled into an 18 point second half deficit against LaSalle a week prior. We questioned our physical toughness and grit; wondered if that Adaway guy on the bench could help, or if we could bring anyone in that could help.

Come December, our non conference is fucked and 2 key guys bail on the team. Yet here we are. A team that we wondered about its toughness a year ago has now built its identify as a hard nosed team with stifling d, and a balanced offense that finds ways to get to the rim. In the first half Saturday, St Louis protected the rim at all costs and dared us to beat them from 3. We hit a couple, but overall they werent dropping. We adjusted and found a way to get to the rim anyway.

We faced what are maybe the 2 most physical teams in the league on back to back days, and established ourselves as the aggressor early. Adway's comfortable and smooth presence in the paint opens up so much for us when we make the extra pass. Everyone has made incredible improvements on d, to be sure. But Adway's defensive skill in combination with that is the kicker. His predecessor's had a tendency to get lost, or get beat, or both. That caused things so often to fall apart.

As the pure elation from Saturday slowly subsides, it's leaving its mark with me in the form of simply being very proud of our guys.

Back