Bonnies vs. Saint Joe's

Citizen X

There's a game today against a team the Bonnies have handled well in recent years. However, we seem to be in uncharted territory, so here's hoping we make a safe landing.

I don’t have any confidence going into any game right now. Home or away. Please re-discover that fire, guys!

I
Chuckie’s game preview quotes coach as saying they’re “doing what they need to do” offensively. And “getting into the paint” and “sharing the ball well”.

I disagree strongly and the fact he thinks that concerns me. Go Bonnies.
Okay, so they did play well on offense today. 7 days from now will be pivotal in what my feelings are on this team.

Unrelated, Saturday afternoon> Friday night and it’s not even close. There’s an appeal to the Friday night game for sure, but Saturday afternoon is college basketball.

I have a simplistic understanding of the game and I do understand that the math is more complex when you throw in the probability of getting various types of rebounds and the true shooting percentage of putback attempts, but it seems that this team's best strategy is to attack the hoop because 55.6% of 2 is greater than 28.6% of 3. Attacking the hoop also leads to more free throws, of which we made 24 (82.8%) in this game. I wish Osun had a shot beyond 5 feet, but he doesn't and apparently never will. Please throw up as many balls as he can get his hands on when he is in his comfort range. The traditional three-point play is a very nice option.

Yes, and Dom driving was beautiful again even though it happened just once. This team is a drive and create team at their best. And for the most part they shoot the unguarded 15 footer from the line very well. Good to see Holmes finish some drives. Still think they could play better with a lead. Multiple times the hammer could have been hammered.

It was nice to see them get back to what they do best. I was hoping once it got to 16 they would keep it up there. I have seen these guys break the press very well over the years but I cant figure out why they looked so bad in this one. It went from 16 to 10 in no time. Of course Lange was a prick and kept fouling over and over when it was decided. Overall they played pretty well and this was a game they just had to win.

I feel like Charlie Brown with the football with this group. After VCU I thought they were turning a corner. Now they appear they could be doing it again but we know whos coming up next. Will it be the catalyst that sends them on a streak or just another shitty performance?

I didn't see anything in the Joe's game to even suggest they are turning the corner. Shoon and Kyle looked like they were playing their 1st game together. Shoon also looked like he borrowed a pair of hands from Cook and his range has shrunk to well less than 5 ft.

I didn't see anything in the Joe's game to even suggest they are turning the corner. Shoon and Kyle looked like they were playing their 1st game together. Shoon also looked like he borrowed a pair of hands from Cook and his range has shrunk to well less than 5 ft.
Are they turning the corner? I dont know. What I saw in the Joes game was a team that drove and hit shots. They scored a ton from drives and drawing fouls. They only shot 6 3's. It was the formula we saw last year. The Dayton and GM games recently they were doing this iso shit standing around the perimeter and hoisting up desperation 3's. We didnt see much of that at all Saturday. Time will tell if they are getting it together but I was encouraged by those things. Holmes only shot 1 3 pointer but scored 18 points. I'll take that every night.

Shoon also looked like he borrowed a pair of hands from Ndoye and his range has shrunk to well less than a layup

Edited that for you, res. If its not a slam I'm 50/50 at best its going in.

I agree with everyone above's criticisms and positives. It's St Joes, at home, so I dont think we have any idea what it means. We'll know a lot more soon.

Only thing I'd add is I though Coulibaly played well, for the first time since half 1 of UConn.

Yes, re: Coulibaly. His moves to the hoop are prolonged and they sometimes remind me of watching the Mousetrap gameboard after you crank the handle, but he was effective the other night.

Back