Bonnies vs. Rhode Island (Sat. 01/25/20 @ 3:00)

Well, that was disappointing. The losses to VCU and Dayton were expected, if not in blowout fashion. But, this one was big for A-10 tourney seeding.

Vasquez is a young Bremer. Schmidt needs to give him the same freedom and leash that Dom has.

I rather take my lumps with Carpenter, than watch another second of Ikpeze. That hook shot of his is absolutely brutal.

Without Shoon, the Bonnies would be playing on Wednesday in Brooklyn. Debate me.

No BW scapegoating intended, but that outcome is different with Shoon playing.

I’m more upset with 3-4 calls that just didn’t seem right early on. Two were, of course, block/charge calls. We are the fucking home team. Why didn’t we get one our way?

The refs didn’t allow Fatts to go off, but there’s only one or two kids in the league who can stay in front of him. Disregard the coach/announcer speak about going under screens with him. He hit some bombs today.

Vasquez is a young Bremer. Schmidt needs to give him the same freedom and leash that Dom has.

I rather take my lumps with Carpenter, than watch another second of Ikpeze. That hook shot of his is absolutely brutal.

Without Shoon, the Bonnies would be playing on Wednesday in Brooklyn. Debate me.

Well thank God they have them then huh?

This isn’t the band wagon for you to just vent your frustrations and make outlandish statements with a faux sense of confidence, but no merit.

You already have another username over there for that, don’t you? Take that shit there.

Agree PY. Hard not to notice some of the inside looks Rhode Island probably doesn’t get with a real rim protector in there. Also hard not to notice how the sheer lack of anything to worry about Inside on the offensive end allowed their defense to push out our wings, increasing the efficacy of double teams and daring someone to take it at Langevine. With Ikpeze you’ve got very little to worry about if you’re the the opposition.

I’m frustrated but not discouraged. I was apprehensive at best about this being a win even with a healthy roster. I also don’t think we’re ever really in play for a top 4, we’re in play for 5/6 and avoiding Dayton or VCU in the quarters. I always have and still do believe Richmond and Rhody are a hair ahead of the rest of the field, but behind Dayton and Maybe VCU.

It’s nice to set your sights high but this team is and always has been geared toward the future, not this year, and success is measured by momentum and improvements to build off of into next year.

My biggest positive of the day was Winston. He played his most complete game today outside of the Rutgers win.

We just couldn't rebound. Rhody got 2nd, 3rd, 4th chance shots. It was a real promising game and we just couldn't answer Fatts. Best shooter. Maybe the best player on the court. Some calls were bad sure. Unfortunately one they got right, flop notwithstanding, was the English push off. It was there to take. Anyone who wants to blame a player or a coach today just doesn't get it. Sometimes you lose a game. It happens.

With all of the pre season optimism gone, we now once again do not have a deep team. If it wasn’t for AJ, our bench would have contributed nothing yesterday.

So here we are again, in a hole and it's time to stop digging and figure out how to climb out. I hate to admit it, but when I saw the poll on twitter of whether to take Bona or Rhody with a 4.5 point spread, I took Rhody. I'm comfortable with it not getting any worse than it was but frustrated that our slow start to both halves seems to be a pattern. Lots of what if's, but no point in going there. I agree with opinion expressed above that this year is more about building a foundation, but I want to see the Bonnies go on a run now. We need tie-breakers against Richmond, SLU, Davidson, and the Dukes as well as a bit of swagger in Brooklyn.

Oh, don't start this political bullshit. I was there in the sixties and it looked pretty damn bad, but that didn't stop me from risking my ass in multiple wars. I don't want to be reminded about it or hear anybody's dipshit opinion. I will go somewhere else if I do. This is for Bona basketball.

Oh, don't start this political bullshit. I was there in the sixties and it looked pretty damn bad, but that didn't stop me from risking my ass in multiple wars. I don't want to be reminded about it or hear anybody's dipshit opinion. I will go somewhere else if I do. This is for Bona basketball.

Now you're starting to sound like that 'other' board. Isn't that what they're always saying on this board?

Back