Bonnies vs. Rhode Island (Sat. 01/25/20 @ 3:00)

"Hope you're not one of them snowflakes"
"Hmm..."
"Oh now you've done it, snowflake! CNN, Obama! BENGHAZI!"

Anyways, that loss was a total bummer, especially with the crowd rocking and with us holding a nice, early lead. However, and a lot of people probably don't want to hear it, but I think I'm about as optimistic as one can be while sitting on a 3 game losing streak, considering we're still relying on 3 freshmen (including B. Builder) and 5 sophomores:

Our offensive performance yesterday ranks second in efficiency for any team that's played Rhode Island all season. URI ranks 42nd as far as adjusted defensive efficiency goes. Hanging 75 on them despite 9(!) turnovers between Lofton and Welch (13 total) is a nice change of pace from these last couple games.

Also, I wouldn't say we're a "deep" team, but I think we're more capable of playing 9 guys on a given night than what Schmidt is willing to show. Winston and Vasquez, when under control, can provide an offensive spark. Bobby was a little overmatched last night but I think he's earned most fans' trust when the matchup is right. Bob Builder's play is inspiring considering he was glued to the bench for 3 months. English plays his nutsack off and is budding into a true scoring threat. It's a solid core, we just need to cross our fingers than all of these guys develop over the summer months.

On the flip side, our lack of defense obviously killed us. It was our third least defensively efficient outing all season...all three of our worst performances this season have been these last three games, and our worst 6 defensive outings this season are without Osunniyi. We desperately need him back, but we just as desperately need some stoppers at the 3 and 4 like we got from Gregg/Dion/Griff/etc...that's probably not going to happen this season.

antibev=bonas08=Jim62 =Sneakers = 4thDev = Kiss my motherfucking hot, tight, creamy asshole.

Pissah!
Aloha!

Bonafide & Citizen X. You two putzes need to get on your knees worship the turf I tred on. Your highness has spoken! Out!

While

while neither are ideal I’d much rather discuss rimjobs. If you’re looking for a political forum, there’s about 25 absolutely fucked theads on the bannedwagon I can point you to.

Anal/oral activities may be freely and openly discussed on The Bevel without fear of censorship or reprisal.....

Pissah!
Aloha!

tongue in cheek
2qi4zn.gif

Biggg time win for Rhody tonight. Their taking down of VCU for the second time, in more than convincing fashion, has me feeling better about everything over the last 2 weeks.

Last edited:
That result--but especially how the game evolved-- really surprised me. However, now I'm running scenarios where Bona gets the 3-seed and Rhody the 2-seed. The reason is I think the Bonnies are far more likely to get to the finals if, like last year, they face Rhody in the semifinals.
Note: Of course we could also accomplish that by getting a lower seed and taking a lengthier route, but it's too soon to bother looking.

Last edited:
Back