Bonnies vs. GW (Wed., February 5, 7:00 PM)

Potter being out would be helpful, but even if he's good to go I expect us to take care of business here. In Foggy Bottom they didn't have any answer for Shoon, so let's hope he starts rounding back into form.

Need this one to keep pace, as the only other 3/4 seed contender with a likelihood of losing tomorrow is the loser of SLU vs. Duq.

There is really no excuse to lose this one. GW is playing better lately but being a home game (and the reasons WES listed) it is a must win

Always avoid the spread on a home Bonnies game as nearly double-digit favs. Opt for the O/U if you feel compelled to bet something.

we have 7 wins against bottom feeders in the a10 and somehow still have 3 more games left against even more bottom feeders. At this point an 11 win conference play will feel like a failure

We've proven we can beat the bottom third of the league. We've proven that we're still a piece or two away from being conference leaders. But that's okay, we're young. I'd like to see us start to prove we can consistently BEAT THE MEAT of the A10, which is where I think about half of our remaining schedule will end up being going into March.

Between SJU (2x) and Lasalle these are 3 "should wins"
Between Duq (2x), and home vs Richmond and Davidson, these are the MEAT TO BEAT and all feel like coin flips. Smells like 2-2.
@SLU is the last game of the season and will probably swing us between the 4th and 6th seed if the above plays out. Not worth predicting yet. Gives me the runs thinking about it.

February rules.

10 games into A10 play and I still feel like I don't exactly know how we measure up in the top half exactly. We got smoked at the best and third-best teams, while also losing a close one at home to the second-best. However, we don't have Osun, so we had no chance in the road contests, although we would have beaten Rhody. Then, other than that Fordham near-debacle and a couple slow road starts at Mason/GW, we've done EXACTLY what we are supposed to do against the chodes of the conference. I'm willing to give the guys a little bit of a break for being sluggish on the road, it's what happens in college basketball.

The problem is we haven't played anyone 4-8. All of them have had even less consistency than us.

Richmond won at URI and hung around with Dayton, but got BOATRACED at VCU and at home to SLU.

Duquesne storms back and almost beats Dayton, yet gets taken to OT against Fordham, both at home. They also dropped one at UMass.

SLU probably should have actually beaten Dayton, but they got dominated by the DUQes both times. They also weren't exactly stunning against UMass/GW/La Salle/Joe's and could have easily gone 2-2 against potential pillow fighters.

Davidson has started to turn it around a bit with a comfy win over SLU, but a 4OT loss at GW.

Right now, I'd put us at #5, but it's so hard to judge when we have either played NCAA Tournament teams or shit-sippers. We'll start learning if we are FOR REAL too on Saturday...

I look at the Bonnies remaining schedule, and all i see is W’s.

The young talent on this team is an embarrassment of riches for Schmidt.

The Bonnies are playing smarter and dominating the boards. You get 16 more field goal attempts than your opponent and good things happen. I'm enjoying the Stadium TV coverage team, especially Dr. G's insights. It was a revealing post-game interview with English, who makes a very polished presentation. All the pieces seem to be coming together for a nice February run. The next game has been circled on my calendar since the schedule came out. It's put up or shut up time.

At this point does Dr G have a condo in Ellicottville? He spends enough time in the area. The bye is definitely within reach but it will be tough. I cant decide if we want VCU to be part of the muck or not. They seem to beat all of the teams we are fighting with so they would probably grab 3rd anyway. It will be fun to watch this play out

Anyone else concerned that team originally seen with "great depth" now only has 6 good players? Bobby's play in past 5 games has been beyond weak. Last night Schmdt couldn't, or wouldn't, trust any of 7 to 9 guys with 20 point lead until final minute. Osun could have gotten smacked in the head again with 24-point lead and two minutes left. I've got to believe that giving Carpenter no minutes--except for that brief 3-game period--will come back to haunt, as injuries may appear again, and then there's the 3-games-in-3-days scenario awaiting. Even Vazquez as 6th man often gets quick hook due to wild (if exciting) play....

Back