Bonnies vs. George Mason (Sat. 02/01/20 @ 4:00)

It's been picked up by MASN here in the Mid-Atlantic, as has the Wednesday GW game.

Dr. "G" is really a good analyst. I feel bad for the shots I took at him when he was coaching La Salle. And, who can't love a guy, an outsider no less, who gives a shout-out to the "State-King" during the broadcast.

I think the upside is so great with Winston we need to keep playing him. He has the potential to be a star, but he might give Schmidt a coronary before that happens.

I agree. Boca Bobby should be getting Ikpeze-tier minutes at this point. Vasquez should be the first replacement for Winston when he need him to come out and slide Welch over to the 4...

Bobby at times can rebound and play solid d, and at times he’s better than Winston at both. At times those two aspects are negligible, if not to Winstons advantage, like today. There’s not a lot of debate to be had about who has more potential.

This is 2 out of 3 games now for Winston that he looked not just good, but, within the frame of our system, good . His attitude on the court was great. His potential is undoubtedly exciting. He’ll have a few more headscratchers, but those will be more and more seldom.

With his potential, and our staff’s resume of building on potential, it’s hard to imagine him not being a big impact guy for us next year (and beyond).

Last edited:
I agree. Boca Bobby should be getting Ikpeze-tier minutes at this point. Vasquez should be the first replacement for Winston when he need him to come out and slide Welch over to the 4...
True. But Boca Bobby needs to play 6-8 again. He's struggling. He's been there before, then broke out and the not royal we agreed we were clearly a better team with him on the floor. We're deep enough, give him time to break back out of it.

The game slowed down for Winston. He looked in control and confident. He’s trending upwards.

Unfortunately, Bobby’s stock is sinking again. Things looked promising for a bit, but it’s just not clicking.

Dom is morphing into a double double threat.

Lofton returned to form.

A prolonged winning streak could be on tap. I don’t see the Bonnies losing another game until the season finale @ SLU. That one will be tough.

Bonaballa Leonard, I love your enthusiasm but let’s be real here. Duquesne x2, Davidson and Richmond are all tough games. If we go 3-1 amongst that 4 I’ll be fucking ecstatic, assuming we also take care of business against GW and Joes.

We have proven we can beat who we are supposed to, but we can’t let up on that.

The above aforementioned are crucial. We all feel like they’re our equals but by the numbers, we’re behind them. Our seeding and our perceived foundation for the future hinges on coming out of that stretch on top. How we do will make the difference between a 4 seed, and an 8.

Days like today make me feel like we can be on the higher end of that scale.

Last edited:
I am so sick of white racists critiquing Amadi’s defense when his shortcomings stem from tripping over his own pecker. Shove it up each urethra.

Isn’t Duquesne widely regarded as a fraud? Richmond/Davidson are at the Reilly Center. Advantage Bonnies. I think this young team is ready to ascend.

Duquesne has some players. They’re not bad, but probably aren’t as good as their record indicates.

Richmond is good without Francis. Richmond is borderline great with Francis. Cayo and Golden can be tough matchups for us.
I highly recommend watching any A10 games this year. The BW guys don’t (and have admitted that to me when asked) so they’re ignorant about who is good/bad. You can’t just look at box scores and schedules these days; basketball isn’t baseball.

I guess I'm not alone in feeling we've got some young talent that seems to be on the verge of bursting out and catching the basketball world by surprise. Second half of conference play would be an excellent time for that to happen. Regardless, there are some really good clips in that highlight reel. My personal favorites are Dom's sidestep on the bounce move prior to draining a three (done several times this season) and, of course, Winston willing his way to the hoop.

Back