Bonnies vs. Fordham (Sat. Jan. 11, 2:00)

SBUnfurled

SBUfordham.png

What is there to say? If we aren't celebrating a 3-0 start to conference play at around 4:00 PM EST, then we have major issues.

Antwon Portley (ankle) has missed 3 straight games.
Erten Gazi (undisclosed) did not take the court Sunday against La Salle.
Chuba Ohams (knee) left the court on a stretcher during warm-ups Sunday.

What is there to say? If we aren't celebrating a 3-0 start to conference play at around 4:00 PM EST, then we have major issues.
This pretty much sums it up. But we've been at this long enough to know better. There have only been a couple Bona seasons in my lifetime where we could comfortably pencil in W's and we aren't quite there yet with this team. But FU is not very good. They turn the ball over, they don't shoot the 3 very well - until they meet SBU man to man defense of course, their forwards aren't large individuals. On paper it looks delicious, and as long as they aren't using those non-regulation rims at the RC we should make a lot of shots and hopefully see Ikpeze and the A.5 squad get some good minutes down the stretch. Or Schmidt panics, plays Lofton and Shoon for 39 apiece, and Alpha dribbles out the clock as we narrowly escape with a 25 point win.

Word from Fordham is that Ohams is likely done with an ACL tear. Too bad. The kid injured it trying to dunk during warmups.

Unexpected results occur frequently in basketball. If you want to look back beyond the loss to Canisius this season, go to Fordham's visit on 9 March 2013.

Unexpected results occur frequently in basketball. If you want to look back beyond the loss to Canisius this season, go to Fordham's visit on 9 March 2013.

I believe Daquan was on the line late at the end of that game to tie it up if i remember correctly..... last game i saw as a student.... tough

with that said there is absolutely zero reason this should not be a double digit win with us emptying the bench after the last media.

I believe Daquan was on the line late at the end of that game to tie it up if i remember correctly..... last game i saw as a student.... tough

with that said there is absolutely zero reason this should not be a double digit win with us emptying the bench after the last media.
It was the game that ruined Conger's chance to play in the A10 tourney before hometown fans in Brooklyn.
(I should note that I'm talking about Demetrius Conger, not that other unidentified Conger who is sometimes referenced on that other board).

It was the game that ruined Conger's chance to play in the A10 tourney before hometown fans in Brooklyn.
(I should note that I'm talking about Demetrius Conger, not that other unidentified Conger who is sometimes referenced on that other board).

It's not Demetrius Congers, it's actually Demetriuses Conger. Kind of like attorneys general...

It is spelled D-E-M-I-T-R-I-U-S, ass bloods!

The Brooklyn Bird Man has always deserved better! So has Marques Green, who has suffered through bannedwagon pinch bricks misspelling his first (usually as Marcus or Marquez) and last (usually as Greene) names for almost two decades!

Oh, if it's Demitrius, then he's only half a Conger, so his correct last name should be Conger/2. But we digress.

X, he's a full Conger.. exactly half of the Congers brothers we used to hear about.

I guess he knows the same way people on that other board seem to intuit that one first-year student is a freshmen.

Bonnies open as 12-point favorites. We've covered 6 of the last 8 games (not counting #Gannonfest2019, no line), so this feels like one of those regression to the mean-type games in terms of betting. I'll probably be taking the total (looks like 119.5 right now), since Fordham already burned me earlier this season when I took VCU -19 and they backdoored that shit.

Either that, or I'll bet my right kidney on us ML, then remove the left one too if we lose to fucking Fordham...

12 points. Whatever. What's the over/under on Conger brothers?

Back