Bonnies vs. Duquesne (Wed. 02/26/20 @ 7:00 pm)

Find me a team that played 9+ guys 10 minutes and won games, other than some Paul Westhead teams or his coaching tree, you won't find many.

I do think we could get more creative with lineups for specific matchups. For example a OO/Ikpeze lineup vs Steele/Hughes would be fun old school basketball.
The offense would grind to a halt with Osun and Ikpeze out there together. Duquesne can play Steele and Hughes together because Steele shoots the three adequately and spaces the floor.

The offense would grind to a halt with Osun and Ikpeze out there together. Duquesne can play Steele and Hughes together because Steele shoots the three adequately and spaces the floor.
I agree, the lane would be completely clogged and prevent Lofton/English drive and kicks.

You are right, which is why I argued for a Carpenter/OO lineup in one of my first posts after the game. Carpenter has the outside game to spread the floor like Steele does. I just used Ikpeze/OO to not conflate topics given the depth discussion also happening in this thread

OO/Ikpeze has a chance of working because OO has improved as a passer and could play the high post. I'm not talking about playing it 40 minutes but as a different look that teams have to prepare for. Before OO got hurt they did play a couple possessions together in the Ohio game so it was something the coaches wanted to test earlier this season.

I hope Carpenter sticks it out and comes back next year. Okoli and Johnson can't expect to get any more minutes next year than this season.

Hopefully Carpenter thinks with Ikpeze graduating his PT will increase. I've liked what I've seen from him in his limited time this year especially against UD.

I am terrified Ikpeze is going to give us a fitting Kaputo like end of game let down this year in A-10’s. Schmidt needs to stop with the senior class obsession, he has some talent now. Same goes for Bobby over Winston....ridiculous.

Couldn't agree more. I always thought Kaputo got a lot of the minutes that Brockington should've gotten a couple years back. Maybe that could've played a factor in his decision to transfer to Penn State? He was probably going to transfer there no matter what once he got the mutual interest back since it's a Power 5 from his hometown area but still -- he must've been frustrated on the bench while the less-talented Kaputo took the minutes that he should've been playing.

Same with Ikpeze over Carptenter this season. Ikpeze seems like a nice kid, he plays hard, I have nothing bad to say about his work ethic. But, he's just not skilled as a basketball player. If he's in the game and gets fed the ball on the block, he is taking the shot ONE HUNDRED percent of the time, typically at a low percentage clip. As an opposing coach, my strategy going into each game would be: try to get Osun into foul trouble, then force Bona's to funnel the ball into Ikpeze.

I'm hoping we get more Carpenter down the stretch, at the very least in the interim minutes that Osun is on the bench.

Couldn't agree more. I always thought Kaputo got a lot of the minutes that Brockington should've gotten a couple years back. Maybe that could've played a factor in his decision to transfer to Penn State? He was probably going to transfer there no matter what once he got the mutual interest back since it's a Power 5 from his hometown area but still -- he must've been frustrated on the bench while the less-talented Kaputo took the minutes that he should've been playing.

Same with Ikpeze over Carptenter this season. Ikpeze seems like a nice kid, he plays hard, I have nothing bad to say about his work ethic. But, he's just not skilled as a basketball player. If he's in the game and gets fed the ball on the block, he is taking the shot ONE HUNDRED percent of the time, typically at a low percentage clip. As an opposing coach, my strategy going into each game would be: try to get Osun into foul trouble, then force Bona's to funnel the ball into Ikpeze.

I'm hoping we get more Carpenter down the stretch, at the very least in the interim minutes that Osun is on the bench.
Sigh.

Let's see - Nelly played better defense, was a better ball handler, and a more pure shooter.

Gee, how in the fuck did he get more minutes than Brockington?

Do I wish Brock had stayed? For sure. If he didn't have relatives in his ear and their meddling on his behalf, he would have been a great 3 year player for us. If he was better, the HC would have had him out there. Remember a guy named Jaylen Adams? He was out there. We have had guys that stick it out and were real solid for us. Denzel Gregg. LDG. Brock arguably would have been better than those guys, but in the framework of that 2018 team, he needed to be a role/spot player. His family didn't want that. He apparently didn't want that. He's gone.

Back