Bonnies vs. Duquesne- A10 Quarterfinals (Fri. 03/05/21 at 11:00 am)

None of this "tough to play a team 3 time" (hate that bullshit fallacy as it were) "they're scrappy", they're this, that or the other thing. They are a team who finished 9th while we finished 1st, managing to lose 3 more games than us, in one less opportunity, without ever having played St Louis or VCU.

We are better, and we need to beat them. We deserve whatever fate comes our way if we can't. It almost certainly won't be pretty, but it's gotta happen.

Our styles are so similar but we really are just a better version of them so there is no excuse to not beat them. Richmond was banged up and basically down 2 players and still nearly beat them. Step on their throats and punch a ticket to the dance

The second Duq game we had 15 turnovers and still managed to win. We had a 17-0 run in that game to get a 9 point lead and then couldnt hang on to the ball and ended up trailing by 4 before finishing them off. That was our second worst turnover game of the season. The first Duq game we only had 7 turnovers. Seems obvious but if we simply dont give them extra possessions this should be a season sweep.

The other thing i noticed looking through the box scores is Duq had 20+ fouls in both games but Baker was the only Duq player to foul out and no one es was really in foul trouble in either game.

When Hughes is off the floor Duq is a completely different team. Hughes had 11pts 10 rebs, 4asts, 2 blks and 5 steals vs Richmond. Sure that is against a hobbled Golden but thats a heck of a statline.

Lastly, Duq has shortened their bench some since the last time we played. They still find some minutes for 10 guys but TDM, Weathers, Hughes and Baker are playing 30+ minutes barring foul trouble since their COVID pause.

Man I fucking hate Duquesne for so many reasons, and that feels great. How on God's green Earth that whole scuffle in the second half wasn't an offsetting double tech is beyond me. On a positive side, when in halfcourt offensive sets we shot like shit for the second straight game, and still won by almost 20. I'm hoping this means a reversion to the mean in the good direction tomorrow. Go MinuteMen.

Yea I am sick of them and their bullshit. Hughes, Weathers and D-M...see ya. Their bench and Dambrot acting like they just won the national title after cutting the lead to 10 was just stupid and embarrassing. THe better team won so lets enjoy the SLU-UMass game and the fact that we have punched our ticket to the dance

Man I fucking hate Duquesne for so many reasons, and that feels great. How on God's green Earth that whole scuffle in the second half wasn't an offsetting double tech is beyond me. On a positive side, when in halfcourt offensive sets we shot like shit for the second straight game, and still won by almost 20. I'm hoping this means a reversion to the mean in the good direction tomorrow. Go MinuteMen.

I don't hate Duquesne, but the referees' conclusion after that "scuffle" was confusing. The Dukes have probably ten players out on the court, and the Bonnies have one player leave the bench, perhaps in defense of Lofton and Welch who were surrounded by Duquesne players and staff. Should have been a double technical, if a technical at all. But, the delay broke Duquesne's momentum and allowed the Bonnies to regroup. I guess that was a solid contribution from Okoli.

I wouldn't be surprised if Schmidt sent him. What's to lose?

Something about not crossing half court 84, because it was a timeout situation. Who knows. Duquesne looked like punks and it backfired. If Alpha was just falling on a sword, good for him right, had to get Kyle out of there at all costs.

Back