Bonnies vs. Coppin State (Wed. 12/01/21 at 7:00)

brownindians85

The Eagles have played 10 games already. They smoked Loyola-MD, and have played their last 3 tight including a 76-75 loss at Koessler.

Line is SBU -24.

These are the kind of games that ranked teams leave no doubt. Let's see a convincing Winn.

I am going to try and cheer everyone up. First, they won last night. Yay! Didnt go quite as expected but they got it done. On to Lofton. When I heard about what happened I went into the fetal position. I couldnt watch the game until later so I was really anxious. After seeing the play, it looked bad but I dont think it will actually be all that bad. I did just about the exact same thing back when I was a young lad and it hurt like hell landing like that. I was in tears. After 7-10 days, I was able to walk around and do day to day things but I was off it for a solid week. Then again I didnt have access to a training staff. I guess what I am saying is I dont think it will be too long before hes back, unless he did something more that we dont know about. I wouldnt bet on being back for UConn but I wouldnt rule it out yet either. I think they can weather the storm for a bit. Lofton has stones the size of boulders but I think we can shoulder the scoring load with the other 4 and Adams is a darn good defender so him being out there might not be that bad. I worry about how we handle pressure dibbling but Holmes has improved a lot there.

As for the game itself. Its hard to know how things go when you are tracking on an app. Coppin hit a lot of tough shots, Bonnies were sloppy at times and the defense was really slow. I dont know where the on ball D that we saw the first 5 games went but they better find it soon. The offense has been alot more fluid lately which I guess is a good thing.

We're seven games into the season and some interesting patterns are rearing their (ugly, in some cases) heads. First, our home court doesn't seem to offer much of a home court advantage: Team Rankings says we're ranked 178 at home but #20 on neutral courts. Our last 5 games put us at #78 in the nation. Our first half rating is #283 while our hot second halves rank #6.
Our leading rebounder? That is Jaren Holmes, who grabs 8 per game, followed by Adaway (7.33) and Osun (7.29). Osun leads the team in effective field goal percentage at 61.1% with Big Daddy not far behind at 58%.
Holmes leads the team in three important efficiency metrics: the NBA version, a linear version of Hollinger's PER, and Win score, whatever that is.
We aren't where we want to be, but there's no need to hide the razor blades or whatever lethal weapons I have around my house. I have the impression that Adams is ready to give us some valuable minutes in Kyle's absence and I'm convinced Karim will be there for us. If Brown and maybe some others step up, we'll be good. The season is young.

Last night's game didnt worry me. it just pissed me off. The fact we turned a 12 pt deficit to a 12 pt lead on a dime, in 10 minutes of game play, was evident enough. Had we come out that way, we'd have been up 20 halfway through the first and played lead protect the rest of the way. I wanted us to do that to avoid the risk of having exactly what happened, happen.

Not worth getting hung up about at this point. Maybe that scary moment rattled this team into a different mindstate than the sleepwalk they've been in the last 2 games. Either way, there's going to be an opportunity for one or two guys off the bench to step up.

In the meantime, I'm just refreshing every hour to see if Bona87 has heard anything about when the next time is that Kyle will look good in a Bona uniform.

I feel like Holmes will start at point with Brown sliding in at the 2.

Do most feel it'll be Adams starting w/ Brown coming off the bench?

I think people like Adams' defense. I'm not sure I like the Bonnies defense at all right now so I take that with a grain of salt. If Linton Brown goes 5-9 from 3pt range against UB he can allow the occasional 'ole' and I won't be disappointed. I'm kind of sick of seeing over-help from Kyle and Shoon (and others) and .. wait for it .. a wide open perimeter dagger from the opponent.

Back