Bonnies @ VCU (01/18/20; 2:00 pm)

I’m taking my anger out on Amadi. 4 years, and he hasn’t improved a lick. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him actually use his frame to box out. He’s bordering on a wasted scholarship. Surely the Bonnies could’ve found a more athletic/capable backup big man. I’m not sure what the staff saw in him at Amherst.
36A76B69-1730-4258-836A-3E2CA932FD9A.jpeg
Who are you?

Amadi was a 6’9” solid big from a local school. If we didn’t get him and he went to Canisius, certain Bona fans would have a stroke (possibly literally, judging from the self-disclosed health issues on the BW).

I need to take a deep breath and realize this team is still a year away. In order to beat VCU, you need to match their physicality and have senior leaders. The boys weren’t ready for that kind of pressure and environment. With Osun out, the floodgates were open. Just a complete dismantling.

A top 4 seed is still in play. That 4-0 start will come in handy.

Last edited:
LL, why are you making it personal? Am I supposed to blame a kid for accepting a scholarship freely offered? Everybody knew at the time that he was a project. The fact that he never developed to the level we hoped is not necessarily his fault. He seems, for the most part, to be a good teammate and to have worked hard to improve. Projects don't always work out. Blame the staff if you absolutely have to blame someone.

View attachment 116
Who are you?

Amadi was a 6’9” solid big from a local school. If we didn’t get him and he went to Canisius, certain Bona fans would have a stroke (possibly literally, judging from the self-disclosed health issues on the BW).

Everybody’s always in a rush to defend Amadi. I understand he’s a great guy. He’s a statue on the floor.

It baffles me how he was a starter for the tournament team. Schmidt really dropped the ball finding Adams a decent big man. Derrick Woods, Jordan Tyson, Josh Ayeni, Chinonsoh Obokoh, David Andoh, Amadi Ikpeze. Yikes!

Last edited:
Everybody’s always in a rush to defend Amadi. Like he’s an adequate basketball player. The guy is a statue on the floor.

It baffles me how he was a starter for the tournament team. Schmidt really dropped the ball finding Adams a decent big man. Derrick Woods, Jordan Tyson, Josh Ayeni, Chinosoh Obokoh, David Andoh, Amadi Ikpeze. Yikes!
Take this shit to the bannedwagon

Everybody’s always in a rush to defend Amadi. Like he’s an adequate basketball player. The guy is a statue on the floor.

It baffles me how he was a starter for the tournament team. Schmidt really dropped the ball finding Adams a decent big man. Derrick Woods, Jordan Tyson, Josh Ayeni, Chinosoh Obokoh, David Andoh, Amadi Ikpeze. Yikes!
This is bannedwagon bullshit. Why on earth would we isolate one kid? Amadi has worked hard. More importantly, he’s a great kid who loves SBU. We don’t do this to our own. I will always love Amadi the Bonnie.

This is embarrassing. I don’t care if Osun is out. Have some pride. VCU is making a mockery of us on national television.

Amadi Ikpeze is a great guy, but I can’t remember a player more clumsy or uncoordinated. Bricks for hands and feet.
The bigger issue for me is that he has somehow gotten worse every year.

I’ll leave Amadi alone. I feel he should be averaging a double double at Daemen, not playing at Bona. Those are my final thoughts on the matter.

I’ll leave Amadi alone. I feel he should be averaging a double double at Daemen, not playing at Bona. Those are my final thoughts on the matter.

We heard you the first time. The knee-jerk, reactionary shit that singles out a player you don’t care for is not welcomed here. Look at the juxtaposition between a thread here during a game versus the shit in a BW game thread. We want insightful, intelligent, and meaningful posts here; add value to the conversation.

So does that mean I can mention jump stop pivots (which they’re actually doing now) and then get into the actual cause of the Civil War in a Richmond thread? Sweet!!

I agree with you on certain things (and know more about it... trust me), but I wouldn’t waste too many posts complaining about it here. Time to move on for sure.

Yes, exactly as said above. I don’t think you’re wrong on much of what you’re saying, but so what? What’s done is done. Beating it or him to a pulp doesn’t change it.

The BannedWagon has infiltrated enemy lines. As the Civil War rages on, embargos still in place, it is important to remember why we fight this battle. We may have freed Lester (RIP KenMan), but we must remain ambitious in our ventures.

Bonas08 = Sneakers = Jim62 = Pissah Pete = Laughed off campus = Pershing Rifles = The Hawaiian Numbah = Mary Boyle = Dev Riot = Cadillac = Kosko Massap = Agent Orange = Napalm = Pissah = Aloha = Don Ho!

Pissah!

Aloha!

Sorry guys. I have issues. Every year i pick a student athlete to attack on a message board. It started with Malcolm Eleby, and it hasn’t stopped since. Sad life. One day i’ll mature.

Back