Bonnies v. SUNY-AMHERST (NORTH)

3rdShayCripSet

Let's kick it off.

This was going to be a difficult game with Lofton, so no idea how it goes without him. My only hope is we play at the slowest pace we have all season to disrupt UB's pace.

Segu, Williams and Mballa are all great players. Curious to see who Schmidt pits against Segu and Williams. We better have LB back because we are going to need some type of point production in Lofton's absence.

Time for our muchachos to play some stifling defense, de hombre a hombre. GoBonnies!

Last edited:
I know it's still a work in progress, but the bench came through for us. I hope the development continues to the point that we can get a contribution at the 1,3, and 4 positions. The win was an important step and I'm glad the new guys got to see the RC at its best.

It was excellent and UB is no slouch. They will be right there for the MAC title, again. If you wanted to see how a Kyle-less Bonnies could handle things, this was a perfect test to get their feet under them. The late game 3-pt heroics need to get stopped somehow, but you're asking a Schmidt team to guard the arc, which is like asking Shoon not to flex his biceps after every block or dunk. It's just not happening.

We went 8 deep, minimum, in #44's senior year. IMO, that is still one of the most complete teams we've had under Schmidt. You have to have a bench and getting forced to use it should be good for the season and beyond. Disclaimer: obviously I'd rather have Kyle on the floor and not in a boot.

Back