Bonnies @ SUNY-Buffalo Game Thread (12/30, 7:00 PM)

Really confused that Schmidt gave Kyle, Dom and English a breather especially with 1 foul between the three of them. Never thought I'd see Johnson-Vasquez-English-Winston-Planutis out there tonight. Would've liked to extended our lead with them playing the entire half and rest later on.

Kyle Lofton having his best game of the season?

Easily, he's getting almost everything he wants inside 15.

On the one hand it's mad concerning that we are only up 3 with his 16 first half points. On the other hand, if you told me we'd be up 3 at the laf with 2 Osun minutes, I'd take it.

Someone not named Lofton and Welch needs to step up. Those two have 2 have 26 of our 38 points...

And of course in the first minute, Osun takes a charge and then picks up his 3rd on the first 2 possessions...

If SBU somehow wins this with Osun scoring like less than 6 points...

Turnover and a pointless foul on a breakaway layup by Bobby P there was fucking BRUTAL

This defensive rebounding is brutal. Two ghost calls on Shoon isn't helping anything. Reminder that we have as many free throws taken as we do threes...2.

Ikpeze grabs the rebound under the rim.... and then tosses it out

they had 21 more free throw attempts than us.
Also the ub clowns doing the commentary were some of the worst I've ever heard, which is a high bar when you watch enough mid major basketball. Shows you the value of a degree from harvey weinstein university

Graves is too good. UB’s transfers (immediately eligible??) hurt us this game.

If Dom can’t improve his handle to where he can penetrate and avoid pocket-picks, he will only be a spot-up shooter and miss out on what he wants.

These OOC losses suck, especially to Buffalo, but it's a loss like this that generally light a spark

Regan wasn’t too bad.

The substitution- probably due to UB throwing athletes at the guard position. Jordan is a great defender and Segu isn’t bad. Kyle was also going the full length of the court on several possessions due to rebounding position. No Court this year to be a secondary ball handler. English and AJ will get there.

I don't care about that last 2 minutes of chicken shit. That second half performance was ATROCIOUS. No movement on offense, everyone waiting for Lofton to do something, transition D was a joke. Wanted to put a fucking bullet in my head when they had like 5 consecutive offensive boards in 3 possessions.

Is there really no way we could have given Carpenter a few minutes in the 1st? We lost this game the second Schmidt put Winston at 5. I'd rather have Ikpeze foul out before halftime if that's what will happen with our small lineup...

Back