Bonnies @ SUNY-Buffalo Game Thread (12/30, 7:00 PM)

Ditto those comments on Bobby. Can we talk for a second about how on god’s green earth he was just about a 50% 3 pt and 90% ft shooter at the mount? I have seen nothing from his form that would indicate those percentages are possible.

If I recall correctly, the 3pt % was a very small sample size from the Mount. Not sure about the FT%. So that could explain it to a certain extent. But I agree, I expected a higher shooting % all around from Bobby. Tough to tell if it's solely a confidence issue - I mean he makes a great play (like a gritty rebound) that should boost his confidence and then seconds later is way off from three on an open look.

Oops. Brain is dead and dont know what I was thinking. 12-6

If I recall correctly, the 3pt % was a very small sample size from the Mount. Not sure about the FT%. So that could explain it to a certain extent. But I agree, I expected a higher shooting % all around from Bobby. Tough to tell if it's solely a confidence issue - I mean he makes a great play (like a gritty rebound) that should boost his confidence and then seconds later is way off from three on an open look.

Bobby’s sample size at MSM was 67 shots. Through 13 games thus far he’s shot 30. So he’s only slightly ahead of pace for shots per game this season.

Interestingly he’s playing nearly identical minutes per game thus far as that year too.

It’s still early-ish, he can turn it around somewhat. But I think it’s safe to say the competition he’s faced is a big factor compared to what he saw in the NEC.

Remember, the NEC is a bottom 5 conference. It’s top team at the moment is Bryant. If Bona’s ever lost to an NEC team In the modern era, it would make the mood after a canisius loss seem cheerful.

12-6 would be great, however I'll be surprised if we do better than a split with the Dukes and Mason. I wouldn't have thought so before the season started. Losing to UB may still be having an effect on my ability to reason.

If I recall correctly, the 3pt % was a very small sample size from the Mount. Not sure about the FT%.

if only there was some way to look this up. Fuck it. Let’s go with anecdotal memories.

edit: sorry if this offended anyone but it's posts like this that make the bannedwagon so mindnumbing. Do 30 seconds of research and add something of value. Set the standard high.

Last edited:
if only there was some way to look this up. Fuck it. Let’s go with anecdotal memories.

edit: sorry if this offended anyone but it's posts like this that make the bannedwagon so mindnumbing. Do 30 seconds of research and add something of value. Set the standard high.

Offensive? I see nothing offensive about a post that sounds like its from a guy that peaked in high school and gets off by bullying commenters on chat boards. Sympathetic is probably a better descriptor.

My apologies for not looking up stats from two years ago for a role player on the team - I am a little preoccupied with a full-time job, finishing a move into a new house and a baby due any day now. Not sure why you cornered my post as another comment posted the actual numbers but maybe my standards are too high of expecting people to read all the relevant posts before commenting.

The B*wagon's primary issues for me are the threads that get off-topic (i.e., your post) and esoteric references with no additive opinion or insight.

The easiest way is to just go to https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/ and type in the player's name. Boca Bobby would have to go 28-37 from 3 the rest of the season to match his stats from deep at the Mount. He'd have to hit 45 straight from the charity stripe to match his FT%.

I think he is just running into some bad luck and is also pressing. Anyone who has played has had the yips at one time or another. He has had a few shots rattle <garynease>in and out</> and that has not helped. If the staff keeps giving him the green light then its just a matter of time

Agreed with people saying tougher competition is probably impacting Bobby's 3 pt %. I'm guessing the extended 3 pt line could have impacted it as well. I was going to blindly speculate that 3 point shooting was down across college hoops this year, but decided to look up some stats to avoid getting called a Bandwag*n poster. 3 point shooting is in fact down across the league this year (link below) and it sounds like the change may be particularly difficult for non-traditional shooters.

The easiest way is to just go to https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/ and type in the player's name. Boca Bobby would have to go 28-37 from 3 the rest of the season to match his stats from deep at the Mount. He'd have to hit 45 straight from the charity stripe to match his FT%.

So you’re telling me there’s a chance?

Buffalo lost to Northern Illinois and then dropped the next game to Ball State by 20 points. That doesn't surprise me, but it does irritate to think the Bonnies had such poor showings against MAC and MAAC teams this year.

Buffalo lost to Northern Illinois and then dropped the next game to Ball State by 20 points. That doesn't surprise me, but it does irritate to think the Bonnies had such poor showings against MAC and MAAC teams this year.

Yeah, but we are undefeated against the PSAC.

Back