Bonnies @ Spiders

Bill Russell

eeyore-winnie-the-pooh.gif

Reactions: res
did I forget any Mike Corey talking points before tonight's broadcast?
Yes. Even though the game will be played inside the Confederate capital's outer defenses, he will still mention how much he looks forward to coming to Olean to broadcast a game from the Reilly Center.

Mike will add that Olean is his favorite road trip.

I'll do Seth's talking points: the A10 is a "good conference, man" and beat Kansas, Alabama, and won 3 tournaments; this group of seniors are tough and experienced and know each other, these are two good basketball programs with pride and tradition, these are two good basketball teams

For the game, this group of senior citizens at Richmond has never beaten us. The last 3 years Shoon neutralizing Golden and the running of the offense through him has been huge part of it. Good Shoon vs Bad Shoon showing up will probably make the difference.

Pass the Tums.

CB3 is right, Shoon has locked Golden down in the past. Shoon has still played well defensively this year so I have hope he will disrupt their offense. If the good Bonnies show up, I like our chances. If not, pass the tums.

I'll do Seth's talking points: the A10 is a "good conference, man" and beat Kansas, Alabama, and won 3 tournaments; this group of seniors are tough and experienced and know each other, these are two good basketball programs with pride and tradition, these are two good basketball teams
I read that with Seth voice in my head. Spot on. I'd listen on mute, but Mike Corey calls a decent game during the action.

Yeah I dont actually dislike the broadcast or either of them. Easy to make fun of, but I do think some of their comments are more genuine than most other national broadcasts, outside of Dr. G of course.

Speaking of Dr. G, I miss not hearing him on Bona broadcasts. Though I doubt I miss him as much as the State King does. We should encourage Corey to get his ass over to the east end.

"Two teams that have decidedly failed to meet the pre-season hopes" should be somewhere in the talking points. Hey guys, it's a discrete event. Just forget all that's gone before and play a solid 40 minutes. Give us some beautiful basketball.

We'll always have Charleston. That's all this group is good for this year

Mike Corey is one of the good ones though! He genuinely seems to like Bona unlike that rat Goodman and the others that just rehash platitudes.
He is. He genuinely likes us, the atmosphere, Schmidt. I'm just tired of the obviously overrated concept of iron 5 and seeing pix of 1970 as if these guys could hold a relative candle to that squad.

Well that sucked. Not interested in watching any more of this. May even skip the a10s for the first time in at least a decade.

Back