Bonnies @ Saint Louis (Sat. 03/07/2020 @ 8:00pm)

This team sucks. Completely incapable of playing with the big boys. Overmatched once again.

SBU shitting the bed again and getting woofed and pissah!

Pissah!

Aloha!

This shit is inexcusable. It's one thing to play hard and lose but too often they have has their ass handed to them. I hope they figure something out over the summer. I'm not falling for this shit again. They'll crush whichever shitstain team wins the pillow fight and then the quarters will be more of this.

I’m trying so hard to keep my cool. This is an absolute disgrace. Just getting manhandled. I’m starting to sour on Shoon. He’s a total non factor. Looks like a twig out there.

All these blowout losses are seriously worrisome. Makes me question the character/makeup of this team.

I try to remain objective and positive. But we’ve gotten our shit pushed in too many times to continue to make excuses for it.

We are soft, we are timid, we are weak, and we have no nuts. We lack an explosive scorer or someone who’s stepped up to the plate to put the team on his back.

I think it was Py who mentioned that someone told him plainly “get better players”. Sure, they can better in the offseason. But it’s hard to not be thinking right now that having everyone back for the next 2 years may be as much a blessing as it is a curse .

If we want to take a next step, we need to bring in someone who’s not here at the moment. I’ve tried to suppress that nagging feeling for a while, but I think it’s painfully obvious at this point. Otherwise, take a look at this season as what to expect next year. I’ve never turned off a game at halftime in the Schmidt era but that changes tonight.

Every coach on this staff better be in Hutchinson, Kansas for the JUCO championships. This team needs help. Immediate help.

I try to remain objective and positive. But we’ve gotten our shit pushed in too many times to continue to make excuses for it.

We are soft, we are timid, we are weak, and we have no nuts. We lack an explosive scorer or someone who’s stepped up to the plate to put the team on his back.

I think it was Py who mentioned that someone told him plainly “get better players”. Sure, they can better in the offseason. But it’s hard to not be thinking right now that having everyone back for the next 2 years may be as much a blessing as it is a curse .

If we want to take a next step, we need to bring in someone who’s not here at the moment. I’ve tried to suppress that nagging feeling for a while, but I think it’s painfully obvious at this point. Otherwise, take a look at this season as what to expect next year. I’ve never turned off a game at halftime in the Schmidt era but that changes tonight.
You're exactly right. Good teams dont get bitched this badly this many times. I'm not even mad anymore, this team is what it is

I’m hoping that these lopsided losses where the guys get worked show a couple things to the team:

1) They need to get stronger and markedly better in certain facets of their individual games
2) The coaching staff realizes we need a guy who can score, a backup pg, and a serviceable big guy

It’s uncomfortable to watch these 20+ point destructions. It goes to show how fucking important Courtney and LD were last year. The statisticians over on the BW like to comment on the shooting percentages of ballers like Courtney and Posley more than they should. Basketball is so much more than that.

I’m ready for next year and have been since a few losses ago.

Next year will be better. There’s some good coming out of all this, but it sucks right now.
I want to agree but I just cant right now. This team is way too much like the 16-17 team but that team had 1 huge thing going for it and that was courtney stockard.

2016/17 was a half step ahead of this team. Sure, they didn’t have any top tier wins, but they still fared better. They (kinda) beat VCU. Even in handily fed losses to Rhody and Dayton that year, they weren’t anything near the ass poundings we’ve seen this year.

It’s not even a matter of “the good teams”. We beat Richmond 2 weeks ago. I’m confident that had Osun played we would have beat Rhody. We’re a poor FT shooting performance away from 2 wins vs Duquesne. All 3 of those teams finished ahead of where Davidson and VCU did. Davidson and VCU aren’t even that good. St Louis May be, but they’re a god damn enigma. It’s all a matchup thing. Teams that overpowered us- be it physically, or fundamentally (Davidson), we shriveled up into a scared ball.

Its Some combination of skills and nuts, I just don’t know to what extent each it is. When teams get in our face, we get rattled and taken off our game. No one takes it to the hole and makes a statement shot in traffic, with the foul to say, back The fuck up or I’ll blow right by you. No one makes the kick out off the dribble to say, better not forget about our shooters. No one bodies their man up to get them out of their face. They just let it happen and allow themselves to be forced into soft turnovers and poor shot selection.

I’ve never witnessed such a young team that I was a fan of, so maybe it’s possible that teams can toughen the fuck up during the off season. Hope someone on here can give me some examples.

Also as far as toughness is concerned- I will say Jaren and Aj don’t lack balls. They’re simply not skilled enough, yet, to get it done in those situations.

Last edited:
The age structure we have now is unlike anything we’ve had in the Schmidt era. Heck, his first few years had juniors and seniors thanks to holdovers and solid transfers (Chris Mathews).
We are young and it shows. The youth isn’t necessarily a reason for some of our play this season, but it doesn’t help.
Those Matt Wright teams had balance, toughness, and developed skills. Simmons, Ndoye, Wright(s), Gathers, Kloof, etc. were all tough kids. Hell, Matt would bomb a three during an opponent’s run as that reminder mentioned above...it kept us in a lot of games despite the total win/loss record.

Kyle and Shoon talked about winning all the time last year; they are winners and have experienced success at lower levels. The problem is the jump to D1 basketball (A10!!) isn’t about what you’ve done before, it’s about going up against grown-ass men, four star kids, and transfer ballers (sorry, Bill) who are better than you and learning how to beat them. That should be their mentality going forward.

Shit the bed, piss the bed, change the sheets and get ready for Brooklyn. New season starts Thursday, Schmidt needs these guys fired up and looking for blood

Back