Bonnies @ GM (Thu. 02/18/21 at 2:00 pm)

Bonafanatic

Figured I'd do my part and get this going. As far as I'm concerned this is nothing more than a tune-up game for Davidson on Sunday. Winn.

Swept by Fordham.

How about some of the crippling losses for the 00-01 and 01-02 teams? Each had solid OOC resumes for at-large consideration.
Not to derail this convo, but that's what pisses me off about media and the public talking about Bonaventure in reference to Schmidt.

Three things are ALWAYS mentioned.

1.) The most remote outpost in ALL OF COLLEGE sports. Tell me what Albuquerque, Lubbuck, Ames, Morgantown, Cedar Falls and Pullman are near again?
2.) Well shucks, the weather sucks...Lotta snow! It's the northeast in January, come on.
3.) Schmidt must be a GOD walking amongst us! Bonaventure has never been good and can't compete with the likes of La Salle, Fordham, Mason, UMass, GW, Joes and Davidson!

Two of the last three coaches before Schmidt were winning. Granted, one was a total idiot, but I'm sure would have done well at SBU if certain things did not happen.

We need new branding at Bona. I know Olean is not Burlington or Morgantown, but why not have more of a partnership with Ellicottville and Olean to showcase what the area has to offer?

I know Olean does not have a cute Ben & Jerry's and LL Bean store and our town drunks drink hard liquor and not triple IPAs, but Olean has come a long way and they are opening more restaurants and bars that students would find appealing.

Look at UVM's Instagram account and then look at ours. Bona needs to control the narrative and stop letting the media push their constant bullshit.

OK Back to the Mason game. Just Winn.

Swept by Fordham.

How about some of the crippling losses for the 00-01 and 01-02 teams? Each had solid OOC resumes for at-large consideration.
Kent State and Fordham were our kryptonite. Other head scratchers in there too. I think JB's teams underachieved because there were never excuses for some of their losses. I think Schmidt's teams are more consistent.

And as quickly as they add to the schedule they take away. Tomorrows game canceled due to weather.

Back