Bonnies @ George Mason

Goes without saying but this is a big game we have to get. Mason is playing their 3rd game since Saturday while our heroes have been resting. This should still be a tight one as it looks like we are evenly matched. The intangibles will be the difference so I am looking for fresher legs to come out on top. Shoon vs Oduro should be a fascinating match up.

At large teams win these borderline top 100 games. It’s that simple .

ETA: I know that's a mic drop take and it's not really 'that simple'. We're not at Game 7 mode yet, and may not be even if we drop tonight, but we'll be close.

Last edited:
We aren't at game 7 mode, but we are desperately needing to improve our NET.

SBU likely needs to get into the top 50/60 before year's end to be an at large. Not winning all of these 50/50 games likely makes that very difficult.

We are #93 right now with about six weeks left in the season.

We aren't at game 7 mode, but we are desperately needing to improve our NET.

SBU likely needs to get into the top 50/60 before year's end to be an at large. Not winning all of these 50/50 games likely makes that very difficult.

We are #93 right now with about six weeks left in the season.
To reiterate, the NET seems to be completely retarded.

Another uninspired, adjustment-free, go-through-the-motions effort.

b69a201efb46ed2ae79f12a42e0ce31f.gif

Rest in Peace, Senioritis Crew.

Also, college basketball is dead.

Nah. College basketball is dead. We will have had about 20 different guys on the roster by 2023-2024. It's a guns-for-hire game now. Glorified AAU.
Sadly I agree with you. Sports are dead. College has become pro and pro simply sucks. It was fun while it lasted. The only thing we've proven in America is that we can take everything and make it awesome then overthink it and ruin it. Circle of life.

Wish I dumped my season tickets when I had the chance. So ready to see this group get the fuck out. Fuck game 7, we cant even put together a 3 game winning streak. This shit is on life support and I have no confidence they can turn it around. Ik sure I'll get into some twitter fights with people but they have shown me nothing to indicate they will put together any kind of streak. For me it started with the canisius game. I was hoping to be wrong but that game was alarming and save for a couple good games in Charleston, that is the team we've seen all year. Dont let the door hit you in the ass.

I know this is the older guy, no fun take, but watching SU/Pitt Tuesday and the color announcer remarked about Pitt's big guy inside put back an offensive board for a dunk and didn't "find the camera to flex and got back on D". His words not mine. And I instantly thought of our team. It's easy to be negative about everything right now and I'm not sure what these guys are going through with covid-disrupted life and BB, but I'm also just plain looking for a fresh start in 22-23.

The act of sitting through a Pitt/Syracuse game this year is far worse than that take, so no worries BI85.

Bill, you're not wrong. But I dont think that's the source of our current predicament. Across the NCAA this year, teams with all ranges of continuity are having all ranges of success and failure. I have no idea what the roster will look like in 2 years, moreso my point is, I expect nothing out of next year, so we're 2 years out from being able to even consider having expectations.

I was at the game.

1- George Mason has lost once at home to date. While their arena was far from packed, it was loud (now you'd hope a team that plays 5 seniors would overcome that, but I'll get to that later).

2- George Mason shot 15-32 from 3. Tough to beat any team that shoots like that. While Oduro was far from dominant, he impacted the game tremendously. We were constantly looking to help Shoon when Oduro touched the ball, and they moved the ball well to find the open man.

3- I'm normally someone who is hesitant to diss the team. I think we'll be right there for the A-10 Tournament. However, dreams of an at-large bid are on life support (we'd basically need to run the table in the rest of the regular season). Getting down early has been a theme all year, as you all have touched on. I do not think Lofton runs the offense efficiently. Without a doubt, he is a talented guy and I appreciate him. But we too often end up rushing a bad look at the end of the shot clock. How often do we end up with a clean look? We also end up with four guys standing around the perimeter. To his credit, I feel that Holmes adjusts and will take it to the basket. While GM played excellent defense yesterday, there was some success to drive. More often than not, you will find yourself on the FT line or scoring. Problem was he was the only one interested in this (where are you, Adaway?), and his adjustment came too late.

Again, I don't want to overreact. The team is good. It's just not great right now and that is obviously disappointing given our expectations (which this same team EARNED) this year.

I'm not sure there's anything truly wrong with this team aside from what their actual makeup is... It's 2022. If you want to win a lot of games and be one of those teams that make deep runs in the NCAAs, you have to score the ball.

I think our club is most certainly athletic, but six of our eight players are 6'5 or shorter and really can't score the ball with any consistency. At the moment we are in the 200s for overall shooting % and even worse in 3PT%.

Contrary to our style, wouldn't it be better for us to get out in transition and score as opposed to slowing down and running these half court sets? I get we might play that style because we have no depth, but we really don't look great any more when teams slow us down. We can't hit from deep and even inside we struggle against teams with some athleticism and size.

I'm not totally out on this season, but man, it looks like it will come down to DC for our NCAA fate. As it stands right now, we need to greatly improve our NET because the NIT might not be in play if we are north of 90 in the NET.

This team feels more like the 2012 club than 2018. Instead of playing our way into the at large conversation, we will be clawing our way into the top 4.

Only difference, is who is going to be that guy to carry us?

Who's Linton Brown?
Chuckie read my mind

Mason shot 15/32 for a reason. They were left WIDE open. WIDE fucking open. Early in the year I thought teams were just shooting well but its apparent that is not coincidence. Dayton and Mason played last Saturday and the score was 50-49. They put up 75 and 78 against our porous defense.

This team earned a ton of respect last year and has also earned every negative thing this year. Its A10 or bust unless they collectively figure out how to play a full game on both ends. We saw them do it to VCU recently so we know its there but I cant figure this team out for the life of me. The resume metrics indicate we are actually decent (mid 50s high 60's in KPI, SOR) but the efficiency numbers are killing everything and until we get that sorted out, nothing will change. 3Shay is right, we wont even sniff the NIT at this rate.

Back