Bonnies @ George Mason (Wed. Jan. 8, 7:00)

GM has fans, a loud band and a good record (I know it's against shitty teams, but look at bonas.....).

GMU has fans, but not that many in recent years, especially on break. Posters on their website are estimating a crowd of 2,500 or so. I think that's low, but I doubt it will reach 4,000. In that arena, that's a pretty small crowd. The band is great, though I doubt it will bother Bona much.

Lol. Love the Bonnies. Thought they were screwed after the first 10 minutes...
NEVER count out the Boyz in Brown!

Oh, and can any other announcers remind audiences of how difficult it is to win at SBU? Giannini referred to Olean as “remote” tonight, which was a new way of wording the annual location insults. Does anyone ever consider that being in a smaller, passionate, unsaturated sports market can be a... uhhhh... good thing?

Last edited:
I thought before the game that stealing this one would be really important for final standings if there's any chance at a top 4 finish this season. We now have a really good chance at 4-0 to start this thing off. What I didn't see happening was some really important growth out of a few of our guys:

- Alpha came in after being glued to the bench and logged as many minutes tonight as he has over the span of two months and played with a ton of energy on defense and didn't make mistakes on offense. I'm not advocating for him to get 10 mpg, but it would be nice to be able to give those extra two or three minutes of rest to our non-Lofton-guards now and then.
- Vasquez had a rough first half sequence of: turnover, not closing out on the perimeter, and another turnover. I thought he'd be curled up in the doghouse the rest of the evening. Second half he was a different player: bought in on defense, took care of the ball and hit some big jumpers.
- Welch has been brutal and was at his worst in the first half, but it was good to see him come in after a long layoff in the second to shoot with confidence and hit a few of the biggest shots of the night.

Let's keep this thing rolling and get tuned up for the gauntlet that awaits!

I wasn't able to watch. How ugly was it? But Osun's line? Wow. 18 boards and 5 blocks!

A road win is a good win.

Wow that was a hard fought game coming back after being down early. I've said it before and I'll say it again defense wins championships hopefully A10 championships.

This game was a toss up for me on the schedule, figured splitting with Mason wouldn't be the worst. Very happy to get this road win. Seeing how poorly Dom shot in the first half along with not having English made me feel really awful. Kyle put the team on his back in the first half and kept us around. From there the shots fell in the second half and GM had no answer for the zone. THE ROAD WARRIORS!

Back