Bonnies @ Davidson (UPDATE: Postponed)

We have only beaten them 3 times since they joined the league. One was a buzzer beater and another was 3OT. I hate playing them and if I didnt respect McKillop so much I would hate him too. This is the best deffensive team we have had in awhile so I see this as a big measuring stick to find out just how good the defense is. A win here and we have a stranglehold on first and some wiggle room if and when SLU comes at us. We are also on the cusp of an at large so every game is huge. Lose this game and they take over 1st and we probably lose our shot at the regular season title.

I am skeptical about conference tournaments this year so I think the regular season is really important.

Has this guy had any other scoops that were accurate? Joined Twitter in January 2021.

I'm well beyond expecting any schedule creativity from either the U or the A10 at this point, but if there are no problems at VCU why not head down and play them tomorrow? And I see GW/GMU is postponed, likely due to GW, means Mason would be freed up to be here tomorrow night rather than on 2/6. Or replace Davidson with Fordham this weekend as they will most likely not be playing UMass.

We have a conference that presumably has all the information at their fingertips right? Damn the pods. There is no semblance of "balance" this season anyway. Just get games.

So who are our replacement options for Saturday?
George Mason. The reason I heard is because UMass had a positive and Davidson was exposed on Sunday. Mason plays UMass on Saturday so if that is all true, we could play them. Then we can play slu on feb 6 instead if mason. They are supposed to play gw but...fuck them.

Last edited:
Don’t know who this Twitter account is, but he seems desperate for followers and deeper down in his replies he says his “source” is someone unaffiliated with the program. Could be full of shit.

It's unofficially official, buried under this SUNY Amherst press release in the Buffalo News.

By the way, I know one of the three Davidson guys who runs Belk Report through A10 Twitter (not personally 😂) and I wouldn't expect him to be a shit-stirrer to just make up a rumor. My guess is the three recent grads heard that Davidson will either have to go through contact tracing because of UMass or they have their own positive cases.

As for this weekend? It seems like the logical move is making Mason come up for their annual asskicking one week early. I guess there's an outside chance the A10 wants St. Louis to play one of their two games against us on Sunday, since the Evil Bills play on Friday, not Saturday. Same could theoretically happen to Richmond, but I think getting one of our SLU games would probably take priority.

I'm of the very objective and unbiased opinion that the league should use COVID as a pretext to get ride of undesirable road landmines for any viable at-large contenders. (Would getting rid of 'no upside' NET-suck road games be preferable to having "easy" wins to help us win the league outright? I think so, especially given the lack of any non-conference resume, but I guess I could be convinced otherwise.)

I didn’t really think he was outright making it up but I read some of his other tweets and the account looks like it’s run by an insecure 12-year-old boy. Grain of salt situation.

I'm of the very objective and unbiased opinion that the league should use COVID as a pretext to get ride of undesirable road landmines for any viable at-large contenders. (Would getting rid of 'no upside' NET-suck road games be preferable to having "easy" wins to help us win the league outright? I think so, especially given the lack of any non-conference resume, but I guess I could be convinced otherwise.)
Why not game the system when you can?

Only concern would be putting the top teams against each other solely could knock one of them down. There's only one game in the standings separating 3rd and 8th.

I didn’t really think he was outright making it up but I read some of his other tweets and the account looks like it’s run by an insecure 12-year-old boy. Grain of salt situation.

To be fair, mine does too, but I guess I'm not pretending to be an actual insider... 😂

Did someone say game the system? If we can't get a suitably re-shuffled A10 opponent, let's hunt for a short trip to some Northeastern garden spot like Ohio, Buffalo, (Amherst?), Siena, or Vermont. These NET-ranked frequent opponents are in the sub-135 ranking that makes an away game a Quadrant 2 opportunity. I like that better than watching the A10 cannibalize its at-large prospects. An away win against Ohio looks a lot better than a home win with GW, not to mention the disastrous consequences of a loss.

Did someone say game the system? If we can't get a suitably re-shuffled A10 opponent, let's hunt for a short trip to some Northeastern garden spot like Ohio, Buffalo, (Amherst?), Siena, or Vermont. These NET-ranked frequent opponents are in the sub-135 ranking that makes an away game a Quadrant 2 opportunity. I like that better than watching the A10 cannibalize its at-large prospects. An away win against Ohio looks a lot better than a home win with GW, not to mention the disastrous consequences of a loss.

As much as I want to play this weekend, not worth the risk. You need to hit 13 games to be tournament eligible and we're already at 9. We have quality games that the A10 will hopefully prioritize when rescheduling (SLU x2, Richmond, at Davidson). Our games at UMass and home against Dayton could also be Q2 when it's all said and done. The committee also couldn't care less about us playing some MAC team.

Only thing we should think about is doing what Coastal Carolina and BYU did in football and play some kind of impromptu game against Boise State or BYU, but good luck getting them to break their conference schedules to play a team 2500+ miles away, or getting us to travel west on a minute's notice.

Chuckie Bomb!

Change the thread title, we get to play the Fire Paulsen Mafia!

As much as I want to play this weekend, not worth the risk. You need to hit 13 games to be tournament eligible and we're already at 9. We have quality games that the A10 will hopefully prioritize when rescheduling (SLU x2, Richmond, at Davidson). Our games at UMass and home against Dayton could also be Q2 when it's all said and done. The committee also couldn't care less about us playing some MAC team.

Only thing we should think about is doing what Coastal Carolina and BYU did in football and play some kind of impromptu game against Boise State or BYU, but good luck getting them to break their conference schedules to play a team 2500+ miles away, or getting us to travel west on a minute's notice.
I mean, it's not like we can tell the A10 to fuck off if GW is our rescheduled game when a game like Davidson is canceled, but if a Q2 MAC team is available, I'd take that over GW.

Back