Bonnies Battle VCU Tuesday with Lots at Stake

Jack Milko

RICHMOND, Va. – Back on Jan. 14, the St. Bonaventure Bonnies (19-7, 11-4 Conference) thumped the VCU Rams (20-7, 13-3 Conference) by 20 points in Western New York. On Tuesday, these two teams square off again in Richmond with a lot more at stake.
The game tips off at 8:30 p.m. and will be nationally televised on CBS Sports Network.
Both the Bonnies and the Rams have two games remaining in the regular season before the conference tournament kicks off in Washington, DC.
Following Tuesday’s rematch, Bona will host the Richmond Spiders on Friday night. VCU heads to St. Louis on Saturday.
The Bonnies need to win one of their two remaining games to secure a double-bye in the Atlantic 10 Tournament, which is imperative to Bona’s postseason hopes. If Bona were to clinch a double-bye, they would only have to play three games in three days to repeat as Atlantic 10 Champions as opposed to playing four games in four days. Considering the Bonnies rank dead last in bench minutes played this...

Continue reading...

Good news, but I wonder how many minutes he'll play. I wouldn't be surprised if it's 15 or fewer. In any case, if they're effective minutes I'll take whatever he can give.

Shoon looked pretty good last night. I noticed he was a little slow or late in a few defensive rotations but he was much livelier than I would have thought. Glad to see him get the blocks record at home. Now he gets a full week off before A10's so hopefully hes 100% for next weekend.

That was a really nice ceremony after. It was a good idea doing it after the game instead of trying to rush it in before.

IT was also nice to see Holmes drive and make some shots in the 2nd half. This was a really tough season for him offensively so if he can get it going now, it helps our chances. On to DC!

Back