Bonnies Battle Griffs in Buffalo Saturday

Jack Milko

BUFFALO, N.Y. – A month ago, atop the Hearst Tower in New York City, the Jandoli School of Communication at St. Bonaventure celebrated three distinguished alums for their terrific contributions to journalism. Margaret Sullivan, the former editor of The Buffalo News and The New York Times, served as the keynote speaker for this event. During her remarks, Sullivan reminisced about growing up in Lackawanna, a suburb south of Buffalo. In doing so, she discussed the “Little Three.”
“When I was a child growing up,” Sullivan said, “I listened to the radio, and for some reason, I grew very interested in Little Three basketball, which, as I recall, consisted of Niagara University, St. Bonaventure University, and Canisius College.”
The ties between these three small Catholic colleges in Western New York run deep, even among those with no affiliation with the schools.
And they have for decades.
So on Saturday night, at the Koessler...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Jack, buddy. I'm not trying to be a dick, but ya gotta tighten up the facts. Bona's has not only won once at Canisius since 2000. Jaylen Adams alone won both games he played there. A couple of clicks on basketball reference brings you to a Bona win in fall of 2002 as well.

Jack:

You have some gumption, but take your dick out of your body and do some ACTUAL RESEARCH about this series… and program.

Back