Bona @ GW (Sunday, January 5th, 2020 at 4:00)

Jack and Battle need to be pestered and not allowed to get clean looks from deep. That's a big ask. If Potter is allowed to get into the lane and we collapse, it could be problematic.

As for the Bonnies, stagnant offensive stretches this year (and last year in the championship game) have been a concern. I am wondering when it will click for Justin to get dialed in on defense and remember to box out consistently. Hopefully soon, because his offensive talents should be on the floor. We need some scoring from the 4.

Pray for fair officiating in Foggy Bottom.

I watched GW yesterday against a familiar foe in Vermont. The Colonials hung around for 10 minutes or so, then the Catamounts laid waste to them. GW scored 4 points over the last 11 minutes of the first half. Jack looked pretty good. Potter and Nelson Jr. were gunning (10 combined points on 24 shots, 0-8 from 3). We should be able to handle them, unless Yinka Dare does, in fact, suit up.

Beating GW would be great not just as a means to get momentum in conference play, but also because no university in America with the exception of Yale and Harvard has produced more evil alumni than George Washington.

Only time I watched them this year was against Harvard. Other than some dickhead making a few 3s in the first half, very underwhelming. Mazzulla isn't even there anymore so we should hopefully roll these chodes...

After his performance in Foggy Bottom 3 years ago, I’m convinced that we should never lose to GW again unless Tyler Kavanaugh is suddenly granted a 5th year of eligibility.

OK, The Boy has agreed to go to the game with me, his first Bona game in about 15 years. The opposing coach at his last game was John Chaney. The Bona coach was this man:
rr-main-solomon.jpg

Under the circumstances, I'm surprised I talked him into it.

Jack and Battle need to be pestered and not allowed to get clean looks from deep. That's a big ask. If Potter is allowed to get into the lane and we collapse, it could be problematic.

As for the Bonnies, stagnant offensive stretches this year (and last year in the championship game) have been a concern. I am wondering when it will click for Justin to get dialed in on defense and remember to box out consistently. Hopefully soon, because his offensive talents should be on the floor. We need some scoring from the 4.

Pray for fair officiating in Foggy Bottom.
If Dom helps off shooters (again) GW will make us pay and keep it too close. I know Schmidt likes the wings/guards trying to help, but you need to stay home on known three point threats. Wayyy too often guys hurt us early, get confidence, and keep teams in games.

Jesus, get a room, boys. Can't you just text each other.

Hoping this game is an absolute blowout. GW, Fordham, or Saint Joseph’s beating anyone other than each other is a terrible look for the A-10. The conference has done itself enough disservice the last few weeks after a red hot start. Can’t afford to let teams like GW beat anyone they aren’t supposed to.

If Osun averages 30 minutes a game in conference play how many W’s we get? If Bobby’s 3 point shooting can come around and Winston gets better at D are the big X factors for us. This team will only get better and I think some are giving Richmond, St Louis and URI too much credit. Duquesne looks good, this guy Weathers was killing St. Louis with his spin move in the post. I still think our schedule is favorable and gives us a shot at the top 4. In Schmidt We Trust! (Except when he put Osun back in the game against St Louis in the first half to pick up his 3rd foul in the A10 Final when we had a decent lead!)

As Grant said above, this SHOULD be a must win for the Bonnies. There’s a very good chance this GW team is below Fordham in the standings at season’s end.

Edit to add: Pissah!

Aloha!

Back