VCU (-2.5) vs. #23 LSU
Saint Joseph's (+15) @ Connecticut
Fordham (-5.5) vs. Fairleigh Dickinson
George Mason
vs. Long Island
La Salle (+9.5) @ Pennsylvania
Saint Louis
(-7) vs. Eastern Washington

The Atlantic 10 really needs VCU to beat LSU. Obviously the league has struggled to get much in terms of quality non-conference wins in the past, but this would be one of them. Also hoping for a big Saint Louis win over Eastern Washington. I didn't think the spread would be that tight... I think the Billikens have a chance to be a top 5 team if their offense continues to play at a high level.

Damn... if VCU can be this good shooting the basketball, they're going to be so tough to beat. Up 12 on LSU at the half, and the defense is playing with more energy than I've seen in a long time (and that's saying something). It's early, but VCU looks like it's levels above the rest of the league. Need a strong 2nd half.

50 points in a half is pretty damn good. Following on the A10 scoreboard right now and hoping for a much better night tonight than last. Too early to tell for most of the games obviously, but if VCU sets the tone then we'll be in good shape.

50 points in a half is pretty damn good. Following on the A10 scoreboard right now and hoping for a much better night tonight than last. Too early to tell for most of the games obviously, but if VCU sets the tone then we'll be in good shape.

Exactly. Need VCU back in the top 25, and need some of these undefeated teams like Saint Louis and George Mason to start building some momentum too.

Um, anyone watching this Saint Joseph's game??? Holy crap...

It's 46-21 with 5 minutes to go in the 1st half... this is the biggest surprise of the year by far.

Congrats on the win VCU. The A-10 needed that game bad.

Really thought LSU was gonna pull that one out there at the end with the Marcus Evans 5th foul. Gutsy, gutsy win. When you can play defense like VCU does, you can trust your team to deliver in the final seconds, even without your best player on the floor. Ranked win for the Atlantic 10!

I'm continually impressed with Marcus Santos-Silva. Kid plays with so much energy and aggression, yet he's never out of control when he has the ball in his hands. Just such a big body and good finisher in the post. It might go unnoticed, but his deflection (literally just reaching his arm out) on one of those final LSU possession may have saved the Rams the game. He does so much when he's on the floor.

Wow. Saint Joseph's pulls it off on the road over Connecticut 96-87. VCU with the win over LSU, Saint Louis is crushing Eastern Washington, and George Mason and Fordham got wins as well. This was 100% the night we needed after yesterday's debacle... there is hope folks!

St Joes pulls it out after letting UCONN back into the game. SLU needs to keep this going.

St Joes pulls it out after letting UCONN back into the game. SLU needs to keep this going.

Saint Louis' offense has been so good, and I know the Billikens haven't played anyone incredibly difficult yet, but this is a much better start to the season against the cupcakes than last year. Need to keep it going, but so far, so good.

Pretty good night for the league. VCU knocks off a Top 25 SEC team, George Mason holds off Long Island University, Fordham squeaks by Fairleigh Dickinson, & Saint Louis is taking care of Eastern Washington. Had a feeling La Salle would fall to Penn, but I'm content with what happened tonight!

Back