Atlantic 10 Wednesday Game: 12/11/19

glabedz

One game on the A-10 docket today before 2 days off for exams:

Massachusetts (+3.5) vs. Yale

This one is big for Massachusetts' momentum, as the Minutemen have already lost 5 of their 6 tough non-conference games, and this is the last true opportunity. I've seen a lot of UMass fans frustrated with the lack of effort this team has displayed; getting beat by tougher opponents is nothing to hang your head over, but lack of effort certainly is. Hoping the Minutemen come out with some fire in their bellies against a pretty decent Ivy League squad. By no means will this be a season-changing win, but it'd be nice to get a top 100 win before conference play begins.

Pick: Yale -3.5

Started off pretty terrible...but then the team turned it around to end the first half and take a lead. Hopefully we can keep it up in the second half of play.

Quick run for Yale to tie it again after it looked like UMass might run away with it... really need to finish this one strong and snap this losing streak...

Well. OT.

There have only been 4 free throws in this game, all of them from Mitchell, who is 4-4.

There's barely a bench right now, they don't have any legs left in em.

There's barely a bench right now, they don't have any legs left in em.

Kinda been the theme this year. Outside of Carl and the freshmen, I struggle to see who's adding value. Diallo, Chatman, Clergeot all need to be a lot better.

Ugh. Tough loss for Massachusetts, again. Team just needs to learn how to win, I guess. All of the pieces are there; it's just execution in certain situations, I guess. I feel like 3 of those last 6 could have gone UMass' way without some avoidable mistakes. I guess that's part of having a roster full of freshmen.

First Mitchell (Kolton) is out for the first semester, then Buggs goes down for the season, now Weeks is out. Dibaji's waiver is being stupidly delayed (though apparently he's finding out next week).

That's 4 players right there who should be contributing some pretty heavy minutes.

First Mitchell (Kolton) is out for the first semester, then Buggs goes down for the season, now Weeks is out. Dibaji's waiver is being stupidly delayed (though apparently he's finding out next week).

That's 4 players right there who should be contributing some pretty heavy minutes.

I thought I saw something on Twitter that Dibaji hinted he wouldn't be playing this year. Do you think he might get it waived?

I thought I saw something on Twitter that Dibaji hinted he wouldn't be playing this year. Do you think he might get it waived?
I'm not sure at this point, and I'm also not sure if it does get waived if he'll want to play this season - he'd get half a season in there to take up a full season of eligibility. On the other hand, he might just want to get out there and contribute ASAP.

But yeah, apparently he posted to his personal instagram that he was getting the official decision on the 18th.

Back