Atlantic 10 Tuesday Games: 11/26/19

glabedz

St. Bonaventure (-6) vs. Mercer
La Salle vs. Wright St.
George Mason vs. Nebraska
Richmond (+8) vs. Auburn
Dayton vs. Virginia Tech

We march into another day filled with big opportunities league-wide. The Bonnies look to get their 2nd win of the season when they play host to Mercer, a team that's been shooting very well from three point range this year. This is a game St. Bonaventure absolutely should win, but it is still winless at the Reilly Center. La Salle will once again be underdogs in the Gulf Coast Showcase, but that proved no issue last night; the Explorers buried 13 threes en route to an 11 point victory over the Racers. George Mason gets what has been a pretty bad Nebraska team this year, but the Huskers beat Washington St. yesterday and should be the slight favorites against GMU. This is a good opportunity for Mason to keep rolling and beat a Big Ten team this evening. I like Mason's chances if it can get everyone involved on offense.

Finally, we have the 2 big ones. Richmond will be outmatched physically by Auburn (as was Davidson), but the Spiders will hope their red-hot shooting carries into Tuesday night and Grant Golden keeps up the good work in the post. At this point, win or lose doesn't matter -- just go out and play you're best against Auburn, and you leave Brooklyn with a great result either way. Dayton faces off against VT in the 2nd round of the Maui Invitational tonight. I don't see a spread yet, but the Flyers should be 1 point underdogs according to Kenpom. Dayton has the clear size advantage, and the Hokies have no one who can reasonably shut down Obi Toppin. I caution UD not to fall in love with the three and think they can beat Va. Tech in a shootout; the Hokies are 6th in the nation from three, and Maui's soft rims are very forgiving. Dayton needs to play through the paint and look for as many opportunities at the rim as possible. If it can control the pace and play much more physical, it should get Kansas in the championship tomorrow.

If you haven't already, register here (It's FREE and takes 30 seconds), and join the conversation. Who do you like today, and why?

Shame they're not spread out like yesterday as all 5 tip off within a hour of each other. Going to have to go with Auburn/Richmond and Dayton/VT on the TVs for tonight!

Shame they're not spread out like yesterday as all 5 tip off within a hour of each other. Going to have to go with Auburn/Richmond and Dayton/VT on the TVs for tonight!

Truth... going to have to have the ESPN app open all night as well. I'll miss most of tonight's games on a flight, so I'll be anxiously waiting to check scores when I land.

I can realistically the league going 5-0 tonight. If Richmond continues their play from last night, they have a very legit shot at knocking off Auburn. Obi Toppin is almost impossible to stop, especially against a tiny VT team, so I see Dayton winning that one. The Bonnies should take care of Mercer, as well as La Salle taking down Wright State (hopefully). Last but not least, George Mason has a tough one against a B1G Ten program in Nebraska, but the Huskers aren't exactly setting the world on fire so far.

I can realistically the league going 5-0 tonight. If Richmond continues their play from last night, they have a very legit shot at knocking off Auburn. Obi Toppin is almost impossible to stop, especially against a tiny VT team, so I see Dayton winning that one. The Bonnies should take care of Mercer, as well as La Salle taking down Wright State (hopefully). Last but not least, George Mason has a tough one against a B1G Ten program in Nebraska, but the Huskers aren't exactly setting the world on fire so far.

5-0 is a tall order... I think a more realistic outcome is 3-2, and I'd be THRILLED with 4-1. St. Bonaventure and Dayton are the two teams most likely to win. George Mason against Nebraska is essentially a coin flip. La Salle looked solid against Murray St. last night, but Wright St. is an even better Mid-Major opponent, so the Explorers are once again the underdogs. I think Richmond can beat Auburn, though the Tigers have honestly looked like the best team in the SEC so far. They're big, they're athletic, and VCU transfer Samir Doughty is a baller. It's just going to come down to hitting shots -- can UR hit enough 3s to stay in the game? If Blake Francis stays hot and Jacob Gilyard has a better night, then maybe. Grant Golden is super important down low, but the Tigers are undoubtedly going to win the battle of the boards. Hopefully UR can make up for that in other facets of the game.

Wow public is hammering Nebraska. Moved it from pk to -2. Waiting this out to lock in on Mason for the “upset”.

Wow public is hammering Nebraska. Moved it from pk to -2. Waiting this out to lock in on Mason for the “upset”.

Nebraska has been comically terrible this year, but I guess the Huskers found new life yesterday against Washington St. Maybe they're finally finding their footing and people believe they aren't that bad?

Huge night for the league.

St. Bona 56, Mercer 51
La Salle 72, Wright St. 70
George Mason 85, Nebraska 66
Auburn 79, Richmond 65
Dayton 89, Virginia Tech 62

I'm still very bullish on the conference from top-to-bottom. Dayton looks like it can contend with VCU for the league title. I think we might have 2 top 20 teams (hell, maybe top 15 teams), by the end of the season.

Back