Atlantic 10 Sunday Games: 11/17/19

glabedz

Good start to the day with a dominating VCU win. Watching Saint Louis and Seton Hall right now. The Billikens forcing a few turnovers early but not getting much on the offensive end. I fear this team has too many offensive weapons, even if SLU manages to contain Myles Powell. He hasn't even scored yet, and Bills are down 10.

I like the Saint Louis 1-3-1 trap a lot, and I think the Billikens have the length and size to implement it effectively. I remember it gave Davidson absolute fits in the A-10 Tournament last year. Seton Hall a bit bothered by it, but that hot start is tough to comeback from. Billikens trying to eat into a double digit deficit.

Tough first half. It felt like Saint Louis played a lot better than the score indicates, down 15 at the break. Couldn't get many field goals to fall in the first half (1/8 from three is killer), and 12/20 from free throw line not getting it done either. Some of the same issues rearing their ugly heads, but this is a good Seton Hall team, and there's 20 more minutes of basketball. Defense making SHU uncomfortable, but it's tough when Myles Powell has unlimited range.

Richmond gonna get a win tonight that won't require overtime... so that's good.

Back