Atlantic 10 Sunday Games: 1/5/20

glabedz

Big league games today. Every team in action. Who are you taking??

VCU @ George Mason (+6)
Richmond @ Rhode Island (-2.5)
Dayton @ Saint Joseph’s (+16.5)
La Salle @ Fordham (+2)
Davidson @ Duquesne (-3.5)
Saint Louis @ Massachusetts (-10.5)
St. Bonaventure @ George Washington (+3.5)

Bounce back spot for Rhody?

Rhody really needs it. On the other side of the coin, Richmond could really use this road win to help build its tourney resume as their Wisconsin win improves.

Richmond hasn’t played well on the road this year either so I think this game is the most important of the day. Of the home dogs which one do you think can win?

Richmond hasn’t played well on the road this year either so I think this game is the most important of the day. Of the home dogs which one do you think can win?

Honestly, maybe George Mason? Been decent at home but terrible last game against TCU. I wouldn’t take Fordham +2 at home

Today and Saturday are the only two days this season that all 14 teams play on the same day. Someone create an A10 RedZone...

svpwinners.jpg

Here are your BonaCommenter A10 Winner$ for Sunday, cue up Trombone Shorty. We're 2-2 in A10 play, thanks to an awful bad beat by VCU -19 against Fordham (we almost never lay 19 points, no matter who it is), easy covers by Richmond/Duquesne and a no-show by La Salle...

George Mason +6.5 - Hate this pick, but Mason should return to the mean after the TCU debacle. Can't see VCU replicating the 71-36 slaughtering at EBA last year.

Rhode Island -2.5 - Not sure what happened to the Blue Rams at Brown, but I think being back at the Ryan Center will help, along with having the guards to hang with Richmond.

St. Joe's +16.5 - If you're a Dayton fan, you're not going to be a fan of me. The public absolutely loves betting the Flyers, so we'll be fading them a lot. It's the only rationale for this pick, other than that I guess the Hawks have been competent against the better teams and blown out by lesser teams. The Hawk will die today, but will cover.

Davidson +3.5 - Hating on Davidson right now is all the rage like World War III jokes or QBs lateraling for no apparent reason. Last time I checked, JAG and Grady are still there. I wouldn't say Davidson is a lock to win, but I'll take the points.

La Salle +2.5 - The Explorers were terrible against Dayton, but that isn't a surprise. I don't know how Fordham can be favored against any A10 team at this point, even at home. La Salle picks up their first win en route to their annual return to the 8-9 game at the Barclays Center.

St. Louis -10 - Flying to St. Louis from MA is probably only like 40 minutes longer than going to Dayton or Charlotte, but for some reason, traveling out there always feels like when an NFL team has to play in London. SLU corrects some offensive woes from Thursday and Travie Ford runs up the score a bit on his former team.

God's Gift to Basketball -3.5 - Usually, when a line seems too good to be true, Vegas is trying to trick you. I think this is Vegas showing its ignorance on how these two teams have actually played. No Toro for GW and hopefully no foul trouble for Osun means a huge rebounding advantage for Bona's. The good guys get out to a 1-0 start with a win at Foggy Bottom.

Parlay and tease 'em.

Back