Atlantic 10 Saturday Games: 12/14/19

glabedz

Some big games today after a week that lacked quite a bit of A-10 basketball.

La Salle (-12.5) vs. Morgan St.
Duquesne (-3.5) vs. Radford
St .Bonaventure vs. Gannon
Saint Louis (+11.5) vs. Auburn
Richmond (-9.5) vs. Charleston
Dayton (-16) vs. Drake

After a long break from hoops, we return to A-10 basketball, and Saturday has some huge games on the A-10 slate. The biggest contest is Auburn against Saint Louis, though I'm skeptical the Billikens stand a chance against a very good Auburn team. I hope their physicality is the difference-maker in a game that focuses heavily on defense and could rely a lot on a few made buckets. Richmond certainly needs a home win over Charleston, as Grant Golden and company need to win out non-conference play to have a shot at an at-large. Duquesne had a good chance to beat Radford, a pretty solid Mid-Major this year, and Dayton has what should be an easy contest against Drake. Finally, La Salle and St. Bonaventure finish the night with what should be easy wins. I hope the A-10 can go at least 4-2 on a very tricky night of basketball (beating Auburn would be enormous for the conference).

Picks: La Salle -12.5, Duquesne -3.5, Saint Louis +11.5, Richmond -9.5, Drake +16

Last edited:
Excited for today's games to start. Feels like we haven't had basketball in weeks, even though it's been 2 days without any A-10 action.

Hot shooting start for Duquesne; defense has normally been the focal point for this team, but so far, the offense is red hot.

Really impressed with Duquesne today. Balanced scoring, killer defense, etc. I know this team is getting a lot of heat for not playing anyone, but Radford is a pretty decent Mid Major opponent, and the Dukes won by 22 on a neutral site. If Duquesne keeps blowing teams out, it'll keep marching up in Kenpom, etc.

Really impressed with Duquesne today. Balanced scoring, killer defense, etc. I know this team is getting a lot of heat for not playing anyone, but Radford is a pretty decent Mid Major opponent, and the Dukes won by 22 on a neutral site. If Duquesne keeps blowing teams out, it'll keep marching up in Kenpom, etc.

Marcus Weathers was a beast today too. 19 points and 13 rebounds. Everyone is involved under Dambrot.

La Salle picks up a nice win as well. Conference starts the day at 2-0!!!

I'll take that start for Saint Louis!! 8-0 to start, and Jimmy Bell is on the line too. Freshman with a great first few minutes against a tough Auburn team.

Offensively, Saint Louis looks a bit out of sorts right now. I think the Billikens' best chance to run up the scoreboard is getting out in transition. Auburn's size and length making it hard to get any open looks. Luckily though, Auburn has taken some terrible shots, and 3 of its 11 points came from an atrocious bank shot.

Absolute rock fight. I don't know what the Bills need to do to create some offense, but Auburn has been keeping the Billikens on the perimeter, and when they do get inside, Auburn has like 3 capable shot-blockers. Happy to be within 2.

Charleston's hot start settling down now as Richmond takes its first lead. Saint Louis is fighting like hell to stay in this thing against Auburn. Switching to the 2-3 zone really helped, but the Tigers knocked down a 3 from the outside to extend their lead to 5.

Good win for Richmond today, surviving Charleston at home. I'm very excited to see this team hit the road and try to close out non-conference with 1 loss. Old Dominion and especially Alabama could be tough games away from home.

Always encouraging when Dayton is playing so-so yet is running an 8-2 Drake team out of the building. Flyers have looked the part of a top 15 team all season.

Back