La Salle (+6.5) vs. Murray St.

Dayton (-2.5) vs. Georgia
Fordham (+10) vs. Western Kentucky
George Mason (+4) vs. Old Dominion
VCU (-28.5) vs. Alabama St.
Richmond (+6) vs. Wisconsin

ATS I like:

Dayton, Western Kentucky, George Mason, Alabama St., Wisconsin, and Murray St.

Obviously the 2 biggest games of the day are Dayton-Georgia and Richmond-Wisconsin. This UD game is so big because it determines the trajectory of the rest of the Maui Invitational. Beat the Bulldogs, and you have a respectable win on your resume and get a shot at MSU + likely another good opponent. Richmond could really use a resume-booster if it wants a shot at making the NCAA Tournament this year. Wisconsin is UR"s big shot. I think the Spiders can outshoot the Badgers from three, so Chris Mooney's squad has to come out hot in Brooklyn.

How many of these games does the Atlantic 10 win today? I think Dayton has a good shot, but I'm a bit more skeptical on Richmond/La Salle/ Fordham. George Mason also has a pretty good test to try and move to 6-1. Let us know your thoughts below. Register here if you haven't already!

I watched Wisconsin's opener vs Saint Mary's yesterday and I find them to be easily beatable for Richmond. Like you said, the Spiders will have to come out hot and limit their turnovers as well. They turned it over a ton vs McNeese State, and that won't fly against an opponent like Wisconsin.

I watched Wisconsin's opener vs Saint Mary's yesterday and I find them to be easily beatable for Richmond. Like you said, the Spiders will have to come out hot and limit their turnovers as well. They turned it over a ton vs McNeese State, and that won't fly against an opponent like Wisconsin.

I'm concerned about the Nate Reuvers - Grant Golden matchup inside. I think Golden has struggled with some of the better big men in the country, and we know UR doesn't rebound the ball well on the defensive end. Richmond has to force Wisconsin to take 3s -- if this is a battle from behind the arc, the Spiders should win. Maybe UR comes out in a 2-3 zone and really tries to limit production inside? Just my 2 cents.

Watching Obi Toppin play basketball gives me goosebumps. So fluid and knows exactly how he's going to score when he touches the rock. I can't believe Georgia didn't game plan to double team him right out of the gates... he is running all over the Bulldogs right now.

Dayton's defense also looks so good right now. Rodney Chatman in particular could be a lockdown defender this season.

Dayton (-2.5) vs. Georgia
Fordham (+10) vs. Western Kentucky
George Mason (+4) vs. Old Dominion
VCU (-28.5) vs. Alabama St.
Richmond (+6) vs. Wisconsin

I think Dayton COVERS -2.5 against Georgia out in Maui. The Bulldogs are not the cream of the crop of the SEC, nor have they played anyone of relevance yet. I also think Dayton is a fringe Top 25 team led by that great Defense and Obi Toppin.

I think Dayton COVERS -2.5 against Georgia out in Maui. The Bulldogs are not the cream of the crop of the SEC, nor have they played anyone of relevance yet. I also think Dayton is a fringe Top 25 team led by that great Defense and Obi Toppin.

Ha. Great pick after the fact after Dayton is already up 19 ;-)

Rodney Chatman might be one of my favorite players in the A-10 this year because of how underrated he might be defensively. Locked down one of the best freshmen in the nation in that first half. The broadcast correctly pointed out how low he gets and how difficult it is to get by him. 2 steals and 2 assists won't garner a lot of attention, but Chatman's contributions can't be overstated in those first 20 minutes.

I was a bit concerned when Obi went to the bench in the 1st half, but the rest of this Dayton team has been good enough defensively to keep the lead at 15+. Awesome to see some of the new guys getting involved and scoring. So many weapons for this year's Dayton team.

What a performance from Dayton from tip-to-finish. As good as Obi was, I was so happy to see the depth of this team in scoring and how good the Flyers can be defensively. Player of the game in my opinion was Rodney Chatman. If he doesn't play lockdown defense in the 1st half, maybe Georgia keeps it within 5 or 10 and goes on a run in the 2nd half. Dayton made a very good Georgia team look very uncomfortable. Flyers looked like an NCAA Tournament team.

How we feeling about Michigan St. tomorrow? Going to be an uphill battle, but if you play like that... anything can happen.

I hope we get to see Tillman vs Toppin matched up tomorrow

That'd be fun to see. I'm also very curious to see Rodney Chatman who will likely get the defensive assignment on Cassius Winston. If he can shut down Winston the way he shut down Anthony Edwards, the Flyers might have a real shot.

what’s up fellow A-10 fans just discovered this forum. Congrats to Dayton on their big win! Really helps the conference imo

What's up man, good to have you here! Fun performance from Dayton, and another example of the league moving the needle. I'm going to take a wild guess that you're a Duquesne fan based on your name... Dukes off to a hot 6-0 start. 4 undefeated A-10 teams remain!

Uhhh, Michigan State is down to Vah Tech at the half. Dayton vs Vah Tech??

Uhhh, Michigan State is down to Vah Tech at the half. Dayton vs Vah Tech??

Wow... catching the end of this right now. If you're Dayton, do you want VT to upset MSU? I'd rather have a shot at the #3 team in the nation if I'm Dayton, but a VT upset would mean an easier path to the championship game / a chance to see Kansas in the finals. Guess I'm torn. Let's see what happens.

Back