Atlantic 10 Friday Games: 11/15/19

Who has the best individual A-10 performance tonight?

• Jeff Dowtin

• Sincere Carry

• Cyril Langevine

• Michael Hughes

• Other (Comment)

Results are only viewable after voting.

glabedz

We've got another solid night of A-10 hoops as Rhode Island hosts Alabama and Duquesne hosts Lipscomb.

Rhode Island (-2) vs. Alabama, 7:30 PM ET
Duquesne (-9) vs. Lipscomb, 7 PM ET

The Crimson Tide have already suffered a home loss at the hands of Penn but are supposed to be a strong team in the SEC this year. Sophomore guard Kira Lewis has scored 46 points in 2 contests, and he'll be the man to stop on Friday night. Both teams have been rebounding the ball well this season, especially on the offensive end. Something that stand out to me thus far with Rhode Island is 35.2% shooting from two point range as a team; I know the sample size is low and one of the games was against a tough Maryland team, but that simply has to improve. Yes, Jeff Dowtin and Fatts Russell are going to take a majority of the shots, but I'd like to see the Rams utilize Cyril Langevine and Jermaine Harris in the post as much as possible. Also, I want to see Tyrese Martin continue to get involved; I think the sophomore has a lot of potential, and his three point stroke looks really nice. This is a game Rhode Island really needs given its tough SOS, and I think the Rams squeak it out.

Duquesne looks to move to 3-0 against another opponent at home, and lucky for them, this isn't the same Lipscomb team that we saw last season. Garrison Matthews is gone, and the Bisons are off to a 1-2 start with a couple of close losses. Bottom line: this is a game the Dukes absolutely should win. The Lamar game shed some light on a few issues for the Dukes, particularly sloppy play. Sincere Carry had 7 turnovers, and the team had 18 as a whole. 14 offensive rebounds were big in a game where nothing seemed to go down from long range. Lipscomb hasn't been defending the three well this year, so that could really play to Duquesne's advantage. Dukes should roll.

So far so good tonight. Rhode Island coming out with a lot of energy, and Duquesne holding a 6 point lead despite abysmal shooting from three.

I'm so here for the Atlantic 10 right now... league is having a great Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. Keep it up!

Atlantic 10 3-0 against the SEC in the last 3 days??? You're damn right!! Love the way this league is playing. WOW.

Man, such a promising night for a Rhode Island team whose offense has been a concern for awhile. I love that multiple guys got involved -- Dana Tate and Jacob Toppin had 11 points each. The Rams forced 22 turnovers and only committed 12 themselves; that's really, really good. Despite getting outrebounded, Rhode Island managed a 14 point win and put up 93 over a solid Alabama team. Really best case scenario for the Atlantic 10 tonight.

Honestly, my biggest takeaway from Rhode Island is Cyril Langevine going 8/10 from the free throw line. He was just 60% last year on 215 attempts (!!!). His stroke looked really good. As a big guy who collects a lot of offensive rebounds and gets fouled frequently, mastering the free throw would be an enormous advantage to this URI team. I'm very excited about a 2-1 Rhody squad that still has great non-conference opportunities remaining.

Back