Anniversary of Dev Riot

Bonafide

So April 29 & 30, 1967 are when the Dev Riot occured. The Dev Riot changed SBU forever. Prior to this event SBU was like a motherfucking monastery with a 9 p.m. curfew, coats and ties having to be worn to class, mandatory Sunday mass attendance, etc ., etc.. Bannedwagon member Jim62 loved the motherfucking place but everyone else thought it sucked. After the Dev Riot everything started to loosen up and drugging and fucking started happening along with increased boozing. Hawaiian music... vis a vis Don Ho and the Hawaiian Numbah... became standard. Now there are a few who would say "boooooosheeeeit 'fide the Dev Riot ain't nuthin' but a huge woof." Well, the Dev Riot actually did occur and here's an article (lower left column) from the BV to prove it......

http://stbonaventure.advantage-pres..._st._bonaventure_19670504_english_1&df=1&dt=5

Notably, the article mentions Hawaiian music which is a small acknowledgement of Don Ho's superb contribution to SBU's musical legacy. Anyway, post late 1960s alumni and current students might well thank God for the Dev Riot and Don Ho for it was this event and individual that rocketed SBU out of the dark ages. In recogntion of his achievement, here's one of Don's most popular numbahs that was prominently played during the Dev Riot.

We remember you too, Don...(sniff) .....

Pissah!

Aloha!

Last edited:
'Fide, thank you for your insight and anecdote. How do the current Minneapolis riots compare to the Dev riots? Do you see any commonalities in behavior or strategy?

Aloha!

'Fide, thank you for your insight and anecdote. How do the current Minneapolis riots compare to the Dev riots? Do you see any commonalities in behavior or strategy?

Aloha!
Very good question. I hope ‘fide will juxtapose the two ASAP.

I was going to respond, but I've learned that it's usually best to let Bevelators be.

But, I also await 'Fide's response.

Back