A10 Media Poll

3 Bid League Matt

Hey everyone, we tweeted this out earlier tonight, but Tyler and I created a media poll comprised of 21 writers, podcasters, and broadcasters from around the league. The actual A10 awards and All-Conference teams are coming out on Tuesday, but we were curious to see if awards voted on by the media would create similar results.

Player of the Year - Obi Toppin, Dayton
Rookie of the Year - Tre Mitchell, UMass
Defensive Player of the Year - Jacob Gilyard, Richmond
6th Man of the Year - Javonte Perkins, Saint Louis
Most-Improved Player - AJ Wilson, George Mason
Transfer of the Year - Blake Francis, Richmond
Sharpshooter of the Year - Nick Sherod, Richmond
King of the Clutch - Jalen Crutcher, Dayton
Super Senior - Trey Landers, Dayton
Coach of the Year - Anthony Grant, Dayton
Game of the Year - Dayton @ SLU (OT)

First Team:
Obi Toppin, Dayton
Jalen Crutcher, Dayton
Fatts Russell, Rhode Island
Jordan Goodwin, Saint Louis
Tre Mitchell, UMass

Second Team:
Jacob Gilyard, Richmond
Grant Golden, Richmond
Marcus Weathers, Duquesne
Kellan Grady, Davidson
Ryan Daly, Saint Joseph's
Hasahn French, Saint Louis

Third Team:
Blake Francis, Richmond
Jon Axel Gudmundsson, Davidson
Marcus Santos-Silva, VCU
Trey Landers, Dayton
Kyle Lofton, St. Bonaventure
Javonte Perkins, Saint Louis

All-Defensive Team:
Jacob Gilyard, Richmond
Michael Hughes, Duquesne
Hasahn French, Saint Louis
Fatts Russell, Rhode Island
AJ Wilson, George Mason
Osun Osunniyi, St. Bonaventure

All-Rookie Team:
Tre Mitchell, UMass
Bones Hyland, VCU
Jamison Battle, George Washington
Yuri Collins, Saint Louis
Hyunjung Lee, Davidson

We had a lot of fun putting this together. I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts to see who agrees and disagrees with any of the selections!

I just can't get behind Grady on second team over JAG. JAG is putting up almost the same numbers in conference as he did last year on his way to POY. The big difference is he hasn't attacked the basket as much this year and settled for more 3s (and his 3pt% dropped).

Goodwin over Gilyard and Golden for the last 1st place team is crazy to me but I guess Golden and Gilyard split the Richmond vote. Actually watch Richmond play and you see Golden deserves first team, he makes everyone better when he is on the floor.

Also can you post the voting breakdown at least for the 1st-3rd teams on here too? Whichever jabroni that voted AJ Wilson first team needs to have their vote taken away before next year's voting.

I had Jon Axel on my second team, and Grady on the third. At least in conference play, I thought JAG was clearly Davidson's best player this year.

Goodwin was my first guy off the first team, I wanted to include him but in the end Tre Mitchell took that last spot with a few huge games down the stretch. I agree the Richmond guys split the vote. To me, Golden was more valuable during conference play (I had him on the first team), but Gilyard also had a great season.

Back