A10 Bracketology

Phillyfan3

As Conference Play gets in full swing here is how I think A10 teams shake up with respect to the NCAA Tournament:
Locks: Dayton
Probably In: VCU
On the Bubble, need quality wins: Duquesne, Saint Louis, Richmond
Maybe Next Year: Everyone Else

As Conference Play gets in full swing here is how I think A10 teams shake up with respect to the NCAA Tournament:
Locks: Dayton
Probably In: VCU
On the Bubble, need quality wins: Duquesne, Saint Louis, Richmond
Maybe Next Year: Everyone Else

I think this is pretty accurate with VCU "on the bubble" as well. Rams haven't gotten a real quality win since LSU at home; luckily the Tigers have picked it up after a bit of a rough stretch at the end of non-conference play. I'd think the next closest is Saint Louis without a bad loss, and Richmond has 2 big road wins. Duquesne with very few blemishes, but they're going to have to get a Q1 win by the end of the season if they want any chance.

The easiest way for me to look at it is: if the 2nd place team in the conference (assuming Dayton is 1st) also has a win vs Dayton, they should be a good bet for an at-large. That would likely mean 13+ conference wins and a signature win. Unfortunately, the conference was 1 signature OOC win away from being two "locks". The SLU - Auburn game and the VCU - Wichita State game are two that really stick out to me.

Dayton still has 2 games vs SLU, 1 at Rich, 2 vs Duq and 1 vs VCU. Those will probably be decisive.

Joe Lunardi has today:

Dayton -- 2 seed
VCU -- 12 seed and Last 4 In
Richmond -- Next Four Out

I have to imagine Rhode Island and Saint Louis are siting a few spots off the bubble as well.

Joe Lunardi has today:

Dayton -- 2 seed
VCU -- 12 seed and Last 4 In
Richmond -- Next Four Out

I have to imagine Rhode Island and Saint Louis are siting a few spots off the bubble as well.
If Richmond takes care of business vs La Salle tomorrow night, and somehow finds a way to beat Dayton.....

If Richmond takes care of business vs La Salle tomorrow night, and somehow finds a way to beat Dayton.....

That would get them in. Every bubble team in the A-10 is desperate for that win over Dayton.

Back