A10 Bracketology: Welcome to March

cpyle

Jon Rothstein’s twitter calendar finally turned the page to March, the most beloved month of college basketball.  Conference tournaments are starting as soon as next week, but for the bigger conferences, we still have one week of the regular season left to go.  With that, we have a lot of shake up in the standings from the past week that can affect the seeding in Brooklyn.  For this post, we will go over the bracketology for the A10 tournament as well as for the NCAA tournament. Let’s go!

A10 Tournament Bracketology
Dayton
Dayton has wrapped up the A10 regular season title all by themselves at the top and are rewarded the #1 seed in the A10 tournament.  That’s all we have so far for teams who have cemented their spot in the top 4 double-bye of the tournament.
Richmond
Look at who the new #2 is in town.  After Rhode Island’s loss on Sunday, Richmond moves up to the 2 spot in the A10 standings due to holding the head to head tiebreaker over the Rams.
Rhode...

Continue reading...

Well... Richmond or Rhody has to make a move in, because other bubble teams have Q1 opportunities that the A-10 does not. At home vs. Dayton feels “must-win” for Rhody.

It's not unlikely that we see Rhode Island and Richmond play in the A10 semifinals. I have a feeling that could almost be like a play-in game to the big dance at this point.

It's not unlikely that we see Rhode Island and Richmond play in the A10 semifinals. I have a feeling that could almost be like a play-in game to the big dance at this point.

Just concerned whether each team will have enough big wins without beating Dayton. Lucky for the Spiders, I think they keep looking better thanks to that win over Wisconsin. Plus they have the nod over URI in the head-to-head on the road.

Back