A-10 Tuesday: November 19, 2019

Michael Garman

Nicholls State at Rhode Island (-13.5), 7 PM
Nevada at Davidson (-9.5), 7 PM
Loyola-MD at Mason (-6.5), 7 PM
Omaha at Dayton (--15.5), 7 PM

Nicholls St. is going to be competitive in this game. Based on how they've played their first 4 contests, I'm surprised they're only +13.5. A win over Pitt, an OT loss to Illinois, and they led LSU at the break, staying competitive in the 2nd half.

Davidson should be able to handle Nevada. The Wolf Pack have been holding teams to just 27.6% from three though, so that's something to watch.

George Mason has held on in some too-close-for-comfort games, and I hope the Patriots don't slip up before Maryland. 5-0 would be a great way to start the season. When was the last time GMU had that good of a start?

Hoping for a Dayton blowout win. This is the last tune-up game before the Flyers head to Maui to face off against Georgia -- first good test of the season.

Also, here's what Kenpom thinks. All very winnable games today, and it'd be nice to keep the A-10 momentum rolling with a 4-0 start to the week.

Screen Shot 2019-11-19 at 11.44.59 AM.png

Nicholls St. is going to be competitive in this game. Based on how they've played their first 4 contests, I'm surprised they're only +13.5. A win over Pitt, an OT loss to Illinois, and they led LSU at the break, staying competitive in the 2nd half.

Davidson should be able to handle Nevada. The Wolf Pack have been holding teams to just 27.6% from three though, so that's something to watch.

George Mason has held on in some too-close-for-comfort games, and I hope the Patriots don't slip up before Maryland. 5-0 would be a great way to start the season. When was the last time GMU had that good of a start?

Hoping for a Dayton blowout win. This is the last tune-up game before the Flyers head to Maui to face off against Georgia -- first good test of the season.
George Mason has NEVER started a season 5-0. They have had 2 previous 4-0 starts and those were 2007-2008 and 2013-2014

George Mason has NEVER started a season 5-0. They have had 2 previous 4-0 starts and those were 2007-2008 and 2013-2014

Damn... would love for Mason to walk into Maryland 5-0. Looks like the Patriots have the toughest game tonight from a spread standpoint.

Nevada coming out of the gate looking better than I expected. I remember that Jazz Johnson kid is a pretty good shooter. He's 42.1% on the year already on 38 attempts. Have a feeling he'll be getting a few more up from long range -- already has 4 field goal attempts for the Wolf Pack.

Nevada coming out of the gate looking better than I expected. I remember that Jazz Johnson kid is a pretty good shooter. He's 42.1% on the year already on 38 attempts. Have a feeling he'll be getting a few more up from long range -- already has 4 field goal attempts for the Wolf Pack.

I quickly take that back... Davidson scorching the nets from three and forcing a lot of turnovers. Defense looks much improved from first 2 contests.

Nicholls St. giving Rhode Island all it can handle, and I heard Fatts Russell to the locker room with an ankle sprain. Anyone see it / did it look bad? I have a feeling their going to need him to fend off this scrappy Nicholls St. team.

Happy to see Fatts Russell return for Rhode Island. That Jacob Toppin dunk to finish the half was ELECTRIC! Hope that's the energy the Rams need to pull away from a feisty Nicholls St. team. Really happy with the way Davidson shot the ball in the 1st half, but defense was also great for the Wildcats. Nevada coughed the ball up 11 times and is shooting less than 30% from deep. Dayton played great defense in the first 20 minutes as well -- Nebraska Omaha is just 1/9 from three point range. George Mason in a bit of a low scoring rock fight, but fouls racking up for Loyola MD could play to GMU's advantage.

Great "survive and advance night" for the Atlantic 10. We'll take all 4 of those wins in a heartbeat. A few standout performances:

-Cyril Langevine picked up 4 fouls early in the 2nd half, came back in with ~9 minutes left and made his presence felt on both ends. Huge night.
-Fatts Russell went for 24 points after an ankle injury scare in the first half. Seems like he's going to be alright.
- 24 points for Kellan Grady; absolutely a game he needed after struggling a bit to start the season.
-Obi continues to do Obi things. he goes for 21, 6, and 3 in an easy win over Nebraska Omaha
-2 Mason players with double-doubles tonight: AJ Wilson and Javon Greene. Jordan Miller is the MVP with 23 points and 8 boards.

Back