A-10 Tuesday Games: 2/11/20

glabedz

Here's what we've got

Fordham @ Davidson (-14)
St. Bonaventure @ Saint Joseph's (+8)
Rhode Island @ Dayton (-10)

We've been waiting for Rhody and UD to face off for awhile now, and if the Rams can pull off the upset, they'll have a serious chance of winning the conference. That, however, is going to be a tall task on the road. Curious to see just how good Rhody is though: can they keep it within 10 against the Flyers, or is UD gonna run away out the gate?

Rhody has a good track record against Dayton including an OT win last season. Different year and Dayton at another level this year but I think Rhody gives them a good game. Rams are locked in defensively so it will come down to how they shoot the ball. If Fats gets hot, watch out.

URI +10 in this one seems too good to be true. Expecting a nail-biter. Dayton will struggle with URI's defense especially if the refs let the play get physical. Fatts will likely be tasked with shutting down Crutcher, and Chatman with shutting down Fatts, neither will be an easy defensive assignment. My key to the game is Ibi's offense. IF Dayton gets a good performance from the 6th man, it may be too much offensive firepower for URI like many A10 foes this season. However, with how hot URI is right now anything could happen. Fatts vs. Obi; timing beats power, but precision beats speed. Flyers -4.

URI +10 in this one seems too good to be true. Expecting a nail-biter. Dayton will struggle with URI's defense especially if the refs let the play get physical. Fatts will likely be tasked with shutting down Crutcher, and Chatman with shutting down Fatts, neither will be an easy defensive assignment. My key to the game is Ibi's offense. IF Dayton gets a good performance from the 6th man, it may be too much offensive firepower for URI like many A10 foes this season. However, with how hot URI is right now anything could happen. Fatts vs. Obi; timing beats power, but precision beats speed. Flyers -4.

Good points for sure -- I think Cyril Langevine is the biggest piece tonight. Dayton struggles with physical bigs who can rebound the basketball. Rhode Island needs him to stay out of foul trouble, because I think he can hold his own against Toppin on both ends of the floor.

Absolutely, I am anticipating a big game from Langevine. Bigs like him have eaten us up this season. Hopefully Jordy can improve upon his performance against SLU and help stop some of that bleeding. My only point was that if UD can't get bench production, obviously primarily by Ibi, we are going to struggle with starters absorbing minutes and fouls. URI and Dayton are similar in that both go about 8 deep but suffer from a lack of bench production (I believe both are about 300 in NCAA in that category). As the BBR writers put it, "12th year Langevine" is a monster and terrifies me, and as you put it, rightfully so. Cheers, looking forward to a great game.

Well turns out Cohill and Tshimanga were enough... I am done gambling for a while.

Really disappointed in the Rams, got punched in the mouth to begin the game and couldn’t handle it. Made a mini comeback right at the end of the first half to cut it to 10 and then got one of the worst technicals ever that swung all momentum back to Dayton. Dayton dunk the 2 FTs and hit a 3. Horrible move by the coaching staff.

Really disappointed in the Rams, got punched in the mouth to begin the game and couldn’t handle it. Made a mini comeback right at the end of the first half to cut it to 10 and then got one of the worst technicals ever that swung all momentum back to Dayton. Dayton dunk the 2 FTs and hit a 3. Horrible move by the coaching staff.

Surprised with how many technicals were called in that one. Still, Dayton just simply the better team. Excited for the rematch in Kingston though. if Rhody gets out to a better start on its own floor, I think there could be a different outcome. At the same time, I'm going to have a hard time picking against UD from here on out.

Back