$25M Campus Expansion and Upgrade project

3rdShayCripSet

Looks like Bona will be building a new graduate housing dorm and health and wellness center to go along with renovations to Plassmann, the townhouses and other dorms.

Good to hear!

"The overall appearance of the building will be meant to stand out as one of the nicer buildings on campus"

IMO, if they build it like in the rendering, they might fall short on that goal, but that's neither here nor there.

Good to see though and much needed. I thought there were already plans in place to facelift Plassman, but either way, that's long overdue. Hopefully big Joe's got some tricks up his sleeve for the RC in the not so distant future!

But no funding to renovate the derelict shithouse located directly across from the Post Office in the RC. Disgraceful.

Pissah!

Aloha!

"The overall appearance of the building will be meant to stand out as one of the nicer buildings on campus"

IMO, if they build it like in the rendering, they might fall short on that goal, but that's neither here nor there.

Good to see though and much needed. I thought there were already plans in place to facelift Plassman, but either way, that's long overdue. Hopefully big Joe's got some tricks up his sleeve for the RC in the not so distant future!
Haha, that was my take, too. "Stand out as one of the nicer buildings on campus that look like Fairfield Inns".

Looks like Bona will be building a new graduate housing dorm and health and wellness center to go along with renovations to Plassmann, the townhouses and other dorms.

Good to hear!

SBU needs to tear down old shitbags like Butler Gym, and Rob/Fal and look into building a new, smaller, flexible undergraduate dorm that is complemented and supplemented by virtual learning. Perhaps instead of eight semesters an undergrad student only needs to be on campus one or two semesters for "hands on" instruction and the remainder can be accomplished virtually. I'm thinking something along the lines of training quarters on large military bases some of which look and are run like modern hotels rather than barracks. An earlier poster mentioned Fairfield Inns and that's what these residences are like. I can't see paying room and board for eight semesters when the only actual "hands on" instruction needed for a specific undergraduate degree might well be accomplished in fewer than that.

I have already commented on the decrepit shithouse across from the Post Office.

Pissah!

Aloha!

Last edited:
Back