2022 Recruiting

I thought that Quadry Adams was more a combo guard with the ability and handle to play point, but wasn't a purebred PG like Kyle. And that Joryam was the more natural point of the two? Could be completely misremembering this though.
I think Schmidt has compiled three combo-ish guards in Saizonou, Adams, and Rumpel. Over time, one will likely separate himself as a PG, but the plan might be to eventually roll the ball out with good guards and play.

I think Schmidt has compiled three combo-ish guards in Saizonou, Adams, and Rumpel. Over time, one will likely separate himself as a PG, but the plan might be to eventually roll the ball out with good guards and play.
That's a little scary to me since for the last 8 years we have had a 1st team A10 PG.

Sounds like it's been a pretty busy week. We been to open gyms at Scotland Prep and Putnam Science Academy and at least one other school in NYC.

We've offered Barry Evans, 6'8", very gifted forward out of Baltimore, Md., who is prepping at PSA and lighting it up. Here is Barry's Verbal Commits link with some good videos.

It's nice to have the Putnam connection enhanced by Nick Schmidt's presence. It's an added bonus that, given PSA's typically robust schedule, our staff will have an extra set of eyes evaluating their opponents.

The NYC school alluded to above was actually White Plains, Archbishop Stepinac. We were there for a gym visit. We offered three underclassmen, '24 pg Johnuel "Boodie" Fland, a 6'2" point, not clear if he's Stepinac/PSA or just Stepinac, It looks like it's more of a question fo who hasn't offered in Boogie's case, UCLA, Kansas.....also offered was 6'8" Jacob Horgatrh also a sophomore and '25, Danny Carbuccia, a 6'1" point, who also appears to have played some FIBA hoops with the Dominican Republic. If memory serves me correctly our new assistant coach had a recent stint at Stepinac.

I'm not sure I've asked this, but does the staff have interest in Damani Barley of East? He has some MAAC offers, but is a 6'5 PG.

I'm sure he will sign at Canisius and torch us when we play him.

I'm not sure I've asked this, but does the staff have interest in Damani Barley of East? He has some MAAC offers, but is a 6'5 PG.

I'm sure he will sign at Canisius and torch us when we play him.
Well, his old man is a Canisius hall of famer if I’m not mistaken. I was surprised he’s still at East, but I must be mixing him up with his brother.

Now that this season is a bust, I’d much rather turn to recruiting. What’s the skinny on Arturo?

Back