2022 Offseason Thread

Bona03

In a surprise to probably nobody, Adaway is done according to this CE Maggio article

Yep. Adaway was the one surefire goner. Remember, he sat out after transferring from Miami (OH), so he’s already done five years in college.

Let’s hope some (or all) of the rest decide to make a run at another NCAA Tournament at SBU.

So if I were a betting man, sounds like 99% chance that OO is coming back? Any chance I’m too high?

Id say its more like 60% he is back. To me it really depends on how the process goes and what he is being told. If he thinks he will get drafted in the 2nd round or has some kind of 2 way deal after the draft lined up, he will go. If his lack of range on offense is a sticking point, he will be back. One thing I heard the scouts talking about during the X game was his rebounding needs work. They said he really isnt a good rebounder and doesnt get into position well to rebound. After they said that I watched him a little and I saw what they meant. His arms are down and he is standing and watching the shot a lot.

Id say its more like 60% he is back. To me it really depends on how the process goes and what he is being told. If he thinks he will get drafted in the 2nd round or has some kind of 2 way deal after the draft lined up, he will go. If his lack of range on offense is a sticking point, he will be back. One thing I heard the scouts talking about during the X game was his rebounding needs work. They said he really isnt a good rebounder and doesnt get into position well to rebound. After they said that I watched him a little and I saw what they meant. His arms are down and he is standing and watching the shot a lot.
Yes. Osun relies a lot on his length and quickness to compile his rebounds, but EVERYONE is long and athletic at the next level. If he comes back and focuses on his positioning, getting a bit stronger in the lower half, and establishing some semblance of a consistent mid-range game, he could play in the league.

One thing I heard the scouts talking about during the X game was his rebounding needs work. They said he really isnt a good rebounder and doesnt get into position well to rebound. After they said that I watched him a little and I saw what they meant. His arms are down and he is standing and watching the shot a lot.

Because he played so many damn minutes. He has to conserve energy somehow. If you look at his per 40 minutes stats he was a better rebounder his freshman and sophomore year. He didn't forget how to rebound, how to get into position or how to keep his arms up, he was just fresher.

If he comes back, and I hope he does, 27-30 minutes for the big fella so we can get the most out of him

Because he played so many damn minutes. He has to conserve energy somehow. If you look at his per 40 minutes stats he was a better rebounder his freshman and sophomore year. He didn't forget how to rebound, how to get into position or how to keep his arms up, he was just fresher.

If he comes back, and I hope he does, 27-30 minutes for the big fella so we can get the most out of him
I am not buying that. He averaged his most rebounds per game last year when he also played his most minutes per game. His Soph year he had the same MPG and averaged a full rebound more per 40. I think people exaggerate the minutes issue a little bit and use it as a crutch. He also shot 61% this year, which matched his best from Soph year. Wouldnt we see a decline on that end if he was so worn down from all those minutes?

Bill is spot on. Shoon doesnt box anybody out. Not 1st game of the season or the last. That is not meant to be a knock necessarily but it is a fact. He uses his size and length to his advantage and that will not work in the pros.

Reading Unfurled's spreadsheet I saw the schedule tab. I noticed that Middle Tennessee is not on there. Is that series dead? If so, that would blow since we went down there to play them.

Reading Unfurled's spreadsheet I saw the schedule tab. I noticed that Middle Tennessee is not on there. Is that series dead? If so, that would blow since we went down there to play them.
I do not believe the series is dead. Since Unfurled is a little touched, he probably just forgot them. If, however, the series is torched, then MTSU would need to buy its way out of the return game.

I do not believe the series is dead. Since Unfurled is a little touched, he probably just forgot them. If, however, the series is torched, then MTSU would need to buy its way out of the return game.
FOR THE LAST FUCKING TIME YOU DELUSIONAL DERANGED DUMBFUCK I AM NOT TOUCHED. GET A FUCKING LIFE YOU FUCKING PATHETIC NO LIFE HAVING FAKE DIP-SHIT. GROW UP AND FUCK OFF NOW!!!

I am kind of dumb. Perhaps someone can explain to me how coaches typically recruit around star players declaring for the draft, while maintaining eligibility? This is obviously something that happens every year, though only once to us in recent memory. So there’s obviously a strategy, but I have no idea what that is.

Also, is finding out you probably won’t get drafted, but will probably be able to sign a foreign deal something that happens often during the draft process? If that were to happen to our 2+ guys testing the waters, wouldn’t that present a worst case scenario to us in terms of recruitment opportunity timing?

Thank you in advance for your patience with my ignorance on the topic.

Full Bandwagon Post Ahead. Read the AD's Corner email if you want this to make any sense.

Are we really so worried about the "C" word that we need to rebrand to being something as generic as the Bona Army? What is wrong with a school/team having a cult-like following? To paraphrase the great philosopher Carlin, its only a word and if the word conveys the truth then it is the appropriate word. Bona fans are not an army, they might be a tribe, they might be a (wolf)pack but not an army. I would say a school the instills such devotion from alumni that they can raise $50K in 48 hours to send 25% of the school to NYC for a basketball game in the JV tournament has some cult-like qualities.

I want to like the guy but we are going to rebrand the fan base because cult has negative connotations? I'm not saying we should cling to the old Brown Indians name/logo which could be considered offensive to a specific group of people, but I'm really having a hard time understanding who is offended by or turned off by having a cult-like following? What we have is what many schools and brands strive to achieve why distance ourselves from it? And if we are going to distance ourselves from cult we are going with Army? Can you get more un-Franciscan?

This sits about as well with me as TK's decision to put seats infront of the student section, just yuck.

1650645311597.png

And if we are going to distance ourselves from cult we are going with Army? Can you get more un-Franciscan?

This sits about as well with me as TK's decision to put seats infront of the student section, just yuck.
St Francis himself was in the army so to answer your question, no, its not "un-Franciscan."

but I agree we dont need an even-cheesier riff from the stupid Buffalo Bills already very cheesy "Mafia" name

sure he was in the army when he had his calling and deserted if memory serves. so not exactly a promoter of military service. Also Bona Army and Pax Et Bonum dont go hand in hand in my opinion

I've never heard anyone refer to Bona as a cult besides Schmidt. No one refers to SBU as that. I mean, is it even worth bringing up?

Also, not sure why Kenney took so much heat for the seating in front of the SBU student section. It was a decent money maker, and it didn't impact the quality of the student section. I'm pretty much game for anything that generates extra $$ for SBU and makes the RC look less high-schooly.

Back