2021 Recruiting

"Duro" seems like a nice addition. With the 2020-2021 season not counting against players' eligibility, the staff's approach has been brilliant. You get kids like Adams and Durrisinmi off de facto prep years, and by the time they're on-paper sophomores, they're seasoned and much more physically mature.

Above all, it will just be nice to have the option to rotate bigs when we play more physical teams. Osun is probably an even more valuable player at 30 mpg versus 38 mpg. We just couldn't afford the Ikpeze/Shaw drop-offs. If Coulibaly and Durrisinmi allow Osun to stay fresh without our defense cratering, then watch the hell out.

While the BW is apparently content with allowing fake news to sit for 12 hours and counting on Marcellus Earlington from St John's, my eye was caught by Unfurled's report from yesterday on Bryant's Michael Green III. The only time I saw Bryant this year was in the last 10 minutes of their near upset of Syracuse back in the fall, so I don't specifically remember him (or anyone).

His 16/3/3 per game stat line sure piques my interest though, even if it's coming out of the NEC. It's suggestive of someone for whom scoring the basketball, and generally knowing how to platy the game, comes naturally. Seems like it could be a very good get as a reserve guard to add firepower off the bench.

While the BW is apparently content with allowing fake news to sit for 12 hours and counting on Marcellus Earlington from St John's, my eye was caught by Unfurled's report from yesterday on Bryant's Michael Green III. The only time I saw Bryant this year was in the last 10 minutes of their near upset of Syracuse back in the fall, so I don't specifically remember him (or anyone).

His 16/3/3 per game stat line sure piques my interest though, even if it's coming out of the NEC. It's suggestive of someone for whom scoring the basketball, and generally knowing how to platy the game, comes naturally. Seems like it could be a very good get as a reserve guard to add firepower off the bench.
If he’s anything like our last transfer from an NEC school, sign him up!

Schmidt always keeps one in his back pocket so I expect the roster is set now.
actually has two in pocket now so could use one--but probably won't (too many guys on bench, he has said). But could use another big man, team too guard-oriented right now....

I wouldn’t be shocked if Alpha returns as the 12th scholarship.

Would play even less--if such a thing possible--but would be available for momentum-changing technicals.

Actually, wouldn't be terrible if Shaw returned--need one more big for foul trouble and injury situations and at least he knows the system. Would really round out squad if they don't use 12th ship on a big.

There is much more to building a team than just compiling an idealized balance of positions. Alpha is an exceptional teammate who is universally liked. Additionally, he works hard, understands his role, values education, and is Lofton’s right hand training partner. If he wants to return, he’ll be welcomed with open arms.

There is much more to building a team than just compiling an idealized balance of positions. Alpha is an exceptional teammate who is universally liked. Additionally, he works hard, understands his role, values education, and is Lofton’s right hand training partner. If he wants to return, he’ll be welcomed with open arms.
Somehow I doubt it. Schmidt has already, just a few days ago, stated his preference to keep two ships open. I'd say he'd give up one more if it's one of the most prized recruits already offered but not for a "practice/morale" guy with zero future.

Back