2021 Recruiting

Whatever type of God or creator or angelic forces exist in the ethers, he/she/it/they surely do “bless” a lot of aspiring college basketball players.

Would be nice to get the Putnam pipeline flowing once again

That seems to be the case, as we offered another soon-to-be Putnam player, Isaiah Folkes (6'3, 2021 PG), from Manassas, VA. He averaged over 20 points, 6 rebounds and 4 assists at Middleburg Academy (VA) last season, and will play a post-grad season at Putnam Science Academy.

I like Folkes’ game a lot. He and Bryce Harris would be a nice package deal, but we only have one to give right now.

Over-signing like Keith Dambrot at Duquesne is totally unacceptable within the college athletics framework, so I’d prioritize the point guard position for the fall signing period. If anything else opens in the spring, then go from there.

RayQuan Taylor is another big we're apparently in touch with, but what's most interesting is seeing us recruiting in Alabama:

I've heard we're out on Gray, for one reason or another. The staff will surely be extra picky with only one open 'ship.

Saw on twitter it was Mason. Seems like he may have already had his mind made up and/or wanted to stay close to home.

Any word on whether Bona has interest in Damani Barley from East High? Not sure if he's a senior this year or next, but he appears to be now playing at New Heights NYC.

Any word on whether Bona has interest in Damani Barley from East High? Not sure if he's a senior this year or next, but he appears to be now playing at New Heights NYC.

I was just talking about him with someone the other day, I was pretty darn impressed the few times I’ve seen him play. Found this but alas, no Bona at this point.

Attachments

• 6174B8B6-1826-47D2-83C5-A9B488FEEEF1.jpeg
    6174B8B6-1826-47D2-83C5-A9B488FEEEF1.jpeg
    152.1 KB · Views: 13
Back