Mohammed Wague
Aundre Polk
Alston Andrews
Michael Graham
Javarzia Belton
Chad Venning
Mounir Hima

More recruiting: https://www.sbunfurled.com/2020recruiting

Any word on getting visits from anyone on this list?

In somewhat surprising news, Tah’Jae Hill, a 6’1” combo guard from Hilton, NY, committed to Niagara. SBU “offered” a while back, but did not follow up aggressively after his unofficial visit.

I expected him to attend prep school next season, but this might be a wise choice for Hill. He will probably be an immediate starter/heavy rotation guard as a freshman, so good on this kid for picking a good opportunity. Let’s hope he doesn’t burn us for four years.

In somewhat surprising news, Tah’Jae Hill, a 6’1” combo guard from Hilton, NY, committed to Niagara. SBU “offered” a while back, but did not follow up aggressively after his unofficial visit.

I expected him to attend prep school next season, but this might be a wise choice for Hill. He will probably be an immediate starter/heavy rotation guard as a freshman, so good on this kid for picking a good opportunity. Let’s hope he doesn’t burn us for four years.

Exactly my fear. Athletically, he’s above MAAC caliber so I’m sure he’ll give us fits. He’ll get as much PT as he can handle at Viagara U.

I was afraid this was going to happen. Realistically we were not a good fit for him given we have 13 guards already on the roster so I knew he would not end up with us. I figured he would go to the MAC, not the MAAC. I think he is better than the Brown brothers, who ended up at Ohio.

I was still secretly hoping that he would consider us after a year of prep. The timing and an open scholarship would’ve worked out. He would’ve brought some toughness (played football) and may have developed into a good player. Oh well... he’s still a D1 product for the Cadets.

Now, back to talking about that elusive JUCO big to replace Amadi. Go!

I heard the staff is looking into some guy named Rob Carpenter. Big fella. 6’7. Perhaps could spell Osun if he commits. Not much information out there on him but rumor has it basketball was banned in his county in Michigan (along with dancing). So he had to build his own basketball court in secret and would practice at night. No stats or video on him from this season. Wait and see I suppose.

The Bonnies offered 6-1 G Myles Ruth (2020), currently playing at Don Bosco Prep (NJ). With a sophomore currently leading the nation in minute % at PG, the staff has their work cut out for them when it comes to 2020 ball handlers.

Sean Neal also went to watch 2020/6’4 Brooklyn guard Anthony “AJ” Lopez last week.

Too lazy to look it up, but saw a post on twitter that we were represented at West Oaks Academy in Florida (along with Pitt and Suny Amherst). Assuming it was for AJ Staton, anyone else down there as well?

I want the distinction of being the 1st poster on this forum to be banned, so I'm going for a Big 30 memory. Kid played for Otto-Eldred circa 1965. Anybody remember his name?
No lights in the O-E gym to this day... the guy shot them out for good!

Yeah, I heard he could hit it from downtown Duke Center. Too bad there was no 3-point line then.
Today, he couldn’t throw a friggin’ sea shell in the Atlantic Ocean from the dock at Ponce Inlet!

Reactions: res
St. Peter’s freshman guard Aaron Estrada is transferring from Peacock Land, which is a shame for SPU and college basketball. However, our staff recruited him last spring. Having watched him quite a bit this season, I would be happy to take him at SBU in conjunction with a grad transfer PG.

Somehow I can't picture the great Bill Russell glued to his phone watching St. Peter's and the Fairfield Stags on ESPN3.

Back