2020 Atlantic 10 Tournament (March 11-15, Brooklyn, NY)

Honestly at this point I see a whole seasons worth of inconsistent work that gives me no confidence 3 games in 3 days will be won, let alone 4 games in 4 days as a 6 seed. Win the last 2 which would include a solid road win at St Louis, get our 4th double bye in 5 seasons, and beat whatever 5 seed we match up against and let it fly (no pun intended) against Dayton.

We’re almost certainly not going to beat Dayton anyway. Would it really be that much more satisfying to lose to them Sunday as opposed to Saturday? I’d argue losing in the finals 2 years in a row would be more heartbreaking. Plus, beat them on Saturday, who knows what kind of high/momentum that can carry you into Sunday with.

This season is, and always has been, about building for the future and setting a foundation. End on a high note, which to me, unconditionally includes winning your last 2.

Are you counting Davidson as our worst conf home loss or loss overall? Agree with the post, but isn’t LaSalle our worst loss by far?

I was only talking conference play and that was before the La Salle game. Clearly that's the worst A10 loss and possibly the worst of the season, given what was on the line.

Honestly at this point I see a whole seasons worth of inconsistent work that gives me no confidence 3 games in 3 days will be won, let alone 4 games in 4 days as a 6 seed. Win the last 2 which would include a solid road win at St Louis, get our 4th double bye in 5 seasons, and beat whatever 5 seed we match up against and let it fly (no pun intended) against Dayton.

We’re almost certainly not going to beat Dayton anyway. Would it really be that much more satisfying to lose to them Sunday as opposed to Saturday? I’d argue losing in the finals 2 years in a row would be more heartbreaking. Plus, beat them on Saturday, who knows what kind of high/momentum that can carry you into Sunday with.

This season is, and always has been, about building for the future and setting a foundation. End on a high note, which to me, unconditionally includes winning your last 2.

We are a very streaky team. St. Joe's could very well be a "get right" game, we win by 20+, get Lofton some rest (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YEAH RIGHT) and head into SLU with more confidence. I absolutely want another shot at Duquesne and if we get by them, hopefully we play against a Dayton team coming off a tough game against VCU.

In terms of today and tomorrow, we really need to root for Richmond, VCU (🤮), Dayton and George Mason for the double bye.

Also, in order to avoid a complete freefall, we clinch no worse than the 6 seed with a win over SJU + Davidson loss to Richmond. Richmond over Davidson does eliminate us from the 3 seed, but we fucked that up once we lost to DUQ.

Finally, we're also eliminated from a double bye with a loss to SJU + DUQ win + SLU win.

Hahahaha! Seriously? How old are you guys? It's like reading the bathroom walls in junior high school. It's so unintentionally funny that it actually makes it's funny!

Fuck you antibevel. Let's hear the Hawaiian Numbah!! (left bottom corner BV front page article).

Pissah!

Aloha!

64 scenarios remain in terms of the double bye. If Mason can beat SLU tonight there are 12 paths for the Bonnies to get the double bye including the 4 paths even if we lose tonight. If SLU wins we have 8 paths which are the scenarios in which we win out.

In that 6th scenario, we would fall to 6. I believe the others we would be the 5 with a loss.

Edit, I think scenario 8 we also fall to 6 because we lose the tb with Rhody

Last edited:
Personally I’m happy with how the prospects of our Friday game have shook out.

Win tomorrow, and we’re # 4 with a likely rubber match vs Duquesne as the 5. Lose , then we need to get through a pillow fighter before a rematch with St Louis for the second time in 6 days. Either way, we would be staring down the barrel of a rematch vs a team we recently lost to in our Friday game. I feel positive about the prospects of being properly prepped for such a scenario.

As I said before, it doesn’t really matter when we play Dayton. It’s going to require a Herculean effort to beat them. Whether that is on Saturday or Sunday is of little consequence.

We should all be St Joe’s fans Wednesday. The way the Bonnies are playing, beating George Mason looks like a daunting task.

Both suck balls, Bonnies should have no trouble with either. St Louis again will be another story

$25? Not much of a discount if you need a ticket, you can get it with the $20 Bonnies pregame party or $20 for a ticket straight from the Bonnies ticket office.

lol I just got 4 fan zone tickets for $11 each after fees on StubHub for Thursday. Even after getting the school's $10 pregame ticket, that's still less than that link. More like Joe Pequeño imo...

Shit, I've lost enough money in the past 3 weeks that should have been used to buy up all the remaining seats and pay every homeless dude I can find $10 to go in and cheer for the Bonnies. Come to think of it, I think some rich Davidson alumnus kinda did something similar a few years ago at the Belk Arena: he bought a big block of seats so that the Bona fans could only get seats in the top row and spread throughout the arena.
Anyway, with all the strange shit happening in the world, this would be a good time for a young Bona team to finally gel and walk away with the A10 trophy.

Anyone else getting nervous that this shit may be a closed-door tournament? I'm worried NYC will be following San Fran on this rona stuff...

Anyone else getting nervous that this shit may be a closed-door tournament? I'm worried NYC will be following San Fran on this rona stuff...
Nope.

The conferences and the NCAA have way too much clout to allow municipality or states to implement closed door tournaments. The revenue pumped into the local economies is nothing to sneeze at. All the NCAA would have to say is, you close your venue to fans, you'll never host another tournament game. Local blowback by recipients of the economic impact would be substantial.

Back